Cyclones Land Angeli
Cincinnati, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones have signed forward Darik Angeli to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2019-20 season.
"I'm very excited to play for such a great organization with great coaches and talented players," commented Angeli. " I am also eager to get back to the great state of Ohio and continue the success this team had last season."
Hailing from Lakewood, CO, Angeli appeared in 62 games for the Norfolk Admirals last season, ranking fourth in the team in scoring with 13 goals and 23 assists for 36 points, and he also racked up 71 minutes in penalties. He enjoyed a pair of four-game point streaks, and recorded goals on consecutive nights three times. Angeli also saw four games in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Tucson Roadrunners, dishing out an assist in that time. He split the 2017-18 campaign between the Admirals and Rapid City Rush, totaling 24 goals 25 assists in 67 total games.
"Darik is a player that has speed and a heavy shot, and his size and skill set will complement our top end players and give us a threat on the power play as a right shot," said Cyclones head coach Matt Thomas. "We look forward to adding his experience to our group."
Entering his fifth year as a pro, Angeli has skated in 239 ECHL games, suiting up for the Manchester Monarchs and Colorado Eagles in addition to the Admirals and Rush. In that time, he has accounted 56 goals and 72 assists, along with 176 minutes in penalties. He has also appeared in 15 AHL games, totaling a goal and three assists.
Prior to turning pro in 2015, Angeli enjoyed a successful four-year collegiate career at Ohio State University where he amassed 25 goals and 20 assists in 128 games. He spent his two seasons of junior hockey in the United States Hockey League (USHL), splitting time between the Chicago Steel, Sioux City Musketeers, and Tri-City Storm. In 117 USHL contests, Angeli netted 26 goals and dished out 26 assists.
The 2018-19 season has come to an end and the Brabham Cup champion Cincinnati Cyclones want to thank you for coming along for the ride with us! Our sights now turn to FIRST FACE-OFF which is set for Saturday, October 12, against the Wheeling Nailers, and we invite YOU to stay tuned all off-season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information, and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 21, 2019
- Americans Add New Blood up Front with the Addition of Three Young Forwards - Allen Americans
- Rush Announces 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Sully Joins ECHL as Manager of Social & Digital Content - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Agree to Terms with Jake Bolton - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Land Angeli - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Join Us for "Fan Fest" on September 14th - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Sign 2019 Kelly Cup Champion Plouffe - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Re-Sign Mathieu Foget - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Unveil New Purple Sweater for 2019-20 Season - Reading Royals
- An Open Letter from Todd Halloran, Principal Owner of the South Carolina Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Talented Forward Erik Bradford Re-Signs for 19-20 - Brampton Beast
- Cumberland Native Ted Hart Signs with Mariners - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.