Curve Set Stolen Base Record in Final Game of 2022 Season
September 18, 2022 - Eastern League (EL) - Altoona Curve News Release
CURVE, Pa. - Henry Davis stole third base in eighth inning to set Altoona's single-season team stolen base record as Altoona fell in the season finale to Reading, 9-8, on Sunday at PNG Field.
Davis's stolen base was the 160th of the season for the Curve, passing the mark set in 2014 for the most in team history. It comes one day after Altoona set the franchise record for home runs hit in a season.
The Curve gave Reading nine runs in the third and fourth inning, including a six run fourth to give the Fightin' Phils a 9-2 lead. The Curve rallied to score six unanswered and leave the game-tying run on base in the eighth and ninth inning.
Fabricio Macias hit a two-run home run off Brett Schulze in the fourth inning, his fourth with Altoona on the season. Nick Gonzales hit a one-out triple in the fifth and scored on a Malcom Nuñez groundout. The Curve then scored three runs in the eighth inning on RBI-singles from Andres Alvarez and Matt Fraizer, as well as a Macias RBI groundout. Josh Bissonette hit an RBI-single in the third inning off Ethan Lindow to score Altoona's first run. Gonzales later hit a sacrifice fly in the inning.
The Curve used eight pitchers in the contest. Matt Eckelman threw a scoreless first before Bear Bellomy allowed three runs on five hits in two innings. Nick Dombkowski allowed five runs in 0.1 innings before Jeff Passantino allowed a run in 0.2 frames. Omar Cruz tossed a scoreless frame and Austin Roberts followed with two more scoreless innings. Brad Case and Cameron Junker each threw a scoreless inning to end the game.
Altoona finishes the 2022 season with a 71-66 overall record. The Curve were 33-36 in the first half of the season and 38-30 in the second half, finishing in third place. Altoona kicks off their 25th Season of Curve Baseball on April 6, 2023 when the Curve host the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, Double-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays.
For tickets or more information, visit AltoonaCurve.com, call 877.99.CURVE or stop by the PNG Field box office. Additionally, the Stockyard Team Store is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., during every home game and online 24/7/365.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 18, 2022
- Ducks Collect 13 Hits Outslug Bowie 8-5 in 2022 Finale - Akron RubberDucks
- Squirrels Close Regular Season with 3-1 Win over SeaWolves - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Regular Season Concludes with Another Patriots Victory - Somerset Patriots
- Curve Set Stolen Base Record in Final Game of 2022 Season - Altoona Curve
- Reading Wins Final Game of the Season - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sea Dogs Fall in Regular Season Finale - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Announce 2022 Team Awards - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Yard Goats Blast Way to Victory with Three Homers in Season Finale - Hartford Yard Goats
- Squirrels Take Series Finale 3-1 - Erie SeaWolves
- Ponies Doubled up by Yard Goats in Season Finale on Sunday Afternoon - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Luis Reyes Outstanding in 1-0 Loss to New Hampshire - Harrisburg Senators
- September 18, 2022 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Yankees RHP Albert Abreu Commences MLB Rehab Assignment with Somerset - Somerset Patriots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.