Crunch Fall to Monsters, 3-0
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch season came to an end after a 3-0 loss to Monsters Hockey in Game 4 of the North Division Semifinals tonight at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
After going down by two games, the Crunch extended the series to four, but the Monsters came out victorious in the best-of-five series.
Goaltender Eddie Pasquale stopped 22-of-25 shots in net for the Crunch, while Brad Thiessen recorded the shutout with all 38 saves. Syracuse was unable to convert on four power play opportunities, but went a perfect 3-for-3 on the penalty kill.
The Monsters were first on the board 6:32 into the game. Pasquale made the save on Mark Letestu's right-wing shot, but Liam Foudy found the rebound during a scramble in front of the crease. Sonny Milano picked up the secondary helper.
Cleveland went up by two 4:31 into the second period. Alex Broadhurst stole the puck and went top shelf on a breakaway. The Monsters then made it 3-0 with 1:58 to go in the second when Milano fed Foudy for a backhander over Pasquale. Justin Wade tallied a point on the goal.
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: The Crunch have faced a two-game deficit in a best-of-five series four times in franchise history. Twice the team has forced and fell in Game 4 (2019 and 2000).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 25, 2019
- Lorito scores at 1:13 of overtime to force winner-take-all Game 5 on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies to Face Cleveland Monsters in Second Round of 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Toronto Marlies
- Bears Fall in Overtime, Series Extends to Game 5 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Blank Crunch 3-0 to Advance to North Division Finals - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Monsters, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Advance to North Division Finals - Cleveland Monsters
- Blackhawks Name King Head Coach of Rockford IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Eagles Announce Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- 'Canes Recall Bishop from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds' Goals for Groceries Initiative Provides 14,100 Meals to Food Bank of Western Mass - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Battle in Must-Win Game 4 Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 4) - Hershey Bears
- Goaltender Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen Undergoes Successful Hip Surgery - Rochester Americans
- Gulls Knockout San Jose, 5-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Eliminated from Playoffs After 5-2 Loss to San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- San Diego Gulls Advance to Pacific Division Finals - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins and Wolves to Play Decisive Game 5 - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith