Cougars 2019-2020 Home Opener Friday
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The party begins Friday. The Prince George Cougars' 2019-2020 home opener, presented by Finning, is set for this Friday, against the defending Western Conference champion Vancouver Giants, with the puck drop at 7:00 pm.
"We are excited to welcome back our fans to the CN Centre on Friday to kick-off the new season," said Cougars' Vice President, Business Andy Beesley. "The home opener is always special with the energy and anticipation. We never stop looking to push the envelope for fan entertainment, and we look forward to unveiling a few new twists this season."
The Cougars are celebrating the new season with a tailgate party outside the CN Centre on Friday. Fans can enjoy delicious food truck items from White Goose Bistro starting at 5:00 pm. That's not all, as the first 1,000 fans in the building receive a collectable Cougars keychain, plus all Crossroads 16 oz cans are just $8.50.
The 2019-2020 Cougars will arrive in style- literally. The Cougars have teamed up once again with Crusin' Classics car club to have classic cars deliver the players to a red-carpet entrance at the front of the CN Centre. Starting at 4:50 pm, each player will roll up to the main entrance where fans will have chance to greet them on the red carpet. There will also be live music at the tailgate as DJ Ant will be performing outside, on the top of the CN Centre roof from 4:50-6:30 pm. Also, Studio 720 will be playing throughout the night at Buskers Corner.
Starting Friday, fans can also sink their teeth into the new Cole Moberg-crafted "Mo-Burger" featured at the Cougars Grill. The juicy burger features a double patty, pulled pork, bacon, cheese, onion ring, and pickle.
Tickets for Friday's home opener are on sale. See exciting Western Hockey League action starting at just $13 per game! For more information, visit the TicketsNorth by Treasure Cove box office at the CN Centre, or go online to https://www.ticketsnorth.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Kjell Kjemhus Acquired from Moose Jaw Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Cougars 2019-2020 Home Opener Friday - Prince George Cougars
- Rockets to host Memorial Cup Season Kick Off Tailgate Party ahead of home opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Acquire Conditional Eighth Round Selection from Regina for G Danton Belluk - Everett Silvertips
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winnipeg ICE Acquire 2000-Born Goaltender Dean McNabb from Regina Pats - Winnipeg Ice
- Pats Acquire Goaltender Danton Belluk from Everett - Regina Pats
- Broncos to Host AGM at IPlex Wednesday, Sept 25 at 7:00 - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Trade Goaltender Dean McNabb to Winnipeg - Regina Pats
- Brendan De Jong Signs Pro Contract - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers Acquire Gavlas from Oil Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings and Medicine Hat Tigers Announce Trade - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hurricanes Announce 2019-2020 Broadcast Tandem - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Broncos Reduce Roster by Four Following Pre-Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats to Host A&W Home Opener Friday - Regina Pats
- Bairos Returned to Midget, Blazers Roster at 26 - Kamloops Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince George Cougars Stories
- Brennan Named to Hockey Canada's Roster for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge
- Americans Stop Cougars' Winning Streak
- Cougars Finally Beat Spokane
- Cougars Sign Goaltender Jacob Herman to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Four Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters