Hurricanes Announce 2019-2020 Broadcast Tandem
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club, in conjunction with Rogers Radio Lethbridge, are excited to announce Ryan O'Donnell as the teams' new radio colour commentator for the 2019-20 season joining play-by-play broadcaster Dustin Forbes for all 34 regular season home games on 106.7 ROCK.
O'Donnell, 26, was born-and-raised in Lethbridge having attended that Catholic Central High School. For the last seven seasons, he has served as the lead play-by-play broadcaster for the University of Lethbridge Men's Pronghorns team on Canadawest.tv. In March of 2019, he served as the lead broadcaster for their 2019 U-Sports National Men's University Cup Championship at the ENMAX Centre.
"I'm thrilled to be the new colour commentator," said O'Donnell. "Ever since I was 3 or 4 years old my dad has taken me to Lethbridge Hurricanes games, so it's a great opportunity and this is a dream job for me. I always wanted to be a Hurricane as a player, but once I realized I could barely skate, broadcasting was the go-to option and I'm really looking forward to the season."
The 26-year-old also served as a back-up colour commentator for the Hurricanes during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons calling games alongside 'Canes play-by-play broadcaster Dustin Forbes on 106.7 ROCK, who enters his sixth season as the voice of the Hurricanes.
"I'm looking forward to working with Ryan this season," said Forbes. "His passion for the game of hockey and the Lethbridge Hurricanes is undeniable. He is well-schooled on the Hurricanes, the Western Hockey League and hockey at all levels and I believe that will be a great complement to the successful broadcast we've been able to establish over the last five years."
O'Donnell will join Forbes for the 2019-20 season beginning with the Dairy Queen Home Opener this Friday, September 20th when the Hurricanes welcome the Medicine Hat Tigers at the ENMAX Centre.
Tickets for the home opener are still available and can be purchased by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328), online at www.enmaxcentre.ca or in person at the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre or the Yates Memorial Theatre Ticket Centre Catch up on all the latest on the Lethbridge Hurricanes by visiting the team's website at www.lethbridgehurricanes.com, and/or follow on Twitter @WHLHurricanes.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Kjell Kjemhus Acquired from Moose Jaw Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Cougars 2019-2020 Home Opener Friday - Prince George Cougars
- Rockets to host Memorial Cup Season Kick Off Tailgate Party ahead of home opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Acquire Conditional Eighth Round Selection from Regina for G Danton Belluk - Everett Silvertips
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winnipeg ICE Acquire 2000-Born Goaltender Dean McNabb from Regina Pats - Winnipeg Ice
- Pats Acquire Goaltender Danton Belluk from Everett - Regina Pats
- Broncos to Host AGM at IPlex Wednesday, Sept 25 at 7:00 - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Trade Goaltender Dean McNabb to Winnipeg - Regina Pats
- Brendan De Jong Signs Pro Contract - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers Acquire Gavlas from Oil Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings and Medicine Hat Tigers Announce Trade - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hurricanes Announce 2019-2020 Broadcast Tandem - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Broncos Reduce Roster by Four Following Pre-Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats to Host A&W Home Opener Friday - Regina Pats
- Bairos Returned to Midget, Blazers Roster at 26 - Kamloops Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.