2019 AGM: The Hurricanes will be holding their 34th annual General Meeting of Shareholders Monday, September 16th at 7:00pm in the Canadian Western Bank Lounge at the ENMAX Centre. The AGM will be exclusively for Lethbridge Hurricanes shareholders.
Dairy Queen Home Opener: The Hurricanes will open their 2019-2020 regular season on Friday, September 20th at 7:00pm when they welcome the Medicine Hat Tigers at the ENMAX Centre. Single game tickets will go on sale on Wednesday at 10:00am.
Home Opener Tailgate Party: Once again this year, the 'Canes will hold a Home Opener Tailgate Party on the plaza at the ENMAX Centre prior to their first game of the season. The tailgate will begin at 4:00pm and will run until 7:00pm with Browns Socialhouse will be BBQing burgers with pop and chips by donation. There will be a Molson Beer Gardens with $6.00 beer along with face painting and fun activities.
Individual Game Tickets: Single game tickets for the 2019-2020 regular season are now on sale and can be purchased online at www.enmaxcentre.ca, by phone at 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre or Yates Memorial Theatre Ticket Centre.
New VIP Tickets: The Hurricanes are excited to introduce new VIP Seats. The Premium seating option will be located at the south end of the arena and will include two seats with company branding on chairs, personalized service/bar with ability to pre-order, parking pass and playoff tickets included. Contact Dylan or Tamara at the Hurricanes Office for more information by calling 403-328-1986.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Friday, September 13th - 4-3 OT Loss vs. Swift Current Broncos: The Hurricanes played their final preseason home game on Friday with a 4-3 loss against the Broncos at the ENMAX Centre. Dino Kambeitz scored twice while Rylan Thiessen added the other in the defeat.
Saturday, September 14th - 2-1 Loss at Swift Current Broncos: The 'Canes ended their 2019 ENMAX PreSeason on Saturday with a 2-1 loss in Swift Current against the Broncos. Noah Boyko scored the lone goal of the game while shorthanded.
THIS WEEK'S GAME SCHEDULE
Friday, September 20th - vs. Medicine Hat Tigers (7:00pm): The Hurricanes open their 2019-2020 regular season with the Dairy Queen Home Opener on Friday against the Tigers. It will be the first of a home-and-home set between the two.
Saturday, September 21st - at Medicine Hat Tigers (7:30pm): The Hurricanes will play their first of 34 road games of the new season on Saturday when they travel to Medicine Hat to face the Tigers at the Canalta Centre.
NEWS & NOTES
Tune-Up Done: The Hurricanes completed their 2019 ENMAX Pre-Season schedule on Saturday with a defeat in Swift Current against the Broncos. The 'Canes posted a 1-2-1-0 record in four games in the exhibition season.
Tight Games: In the four game exhibition schedule for the Hurricanes, all of them were decided by a single goal. The 'Canes averaged a total of 2.25 goals per game while allowed an average of 2.75 goals against per game.
One Back: The Hurricanes had a total of six players attend NHL Training Camp including potential overagers Jordy Bellerive (Pittsburgh), Jake Leschyshyn (Vegas) and Nick Henry (Colorado). Others include Dylan Cozens (Buffalo), Calen Addison (Pittsburgh) and Logan Barlage (Colorado). Barlage returned to the Hurricanes late last week and appeared in both weekend games against Swift Current.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Kjell Kjemhus Acquired from Moose Jaw Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Cougars 2019-2020 Home Opener Friday - Prince George Cougars
- Rockets to host Memorial Cup Season Kick Off Tailgate Party ahead of home opener - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Acquire Conditional Eighth Round Selection from Regina for G Danton Belluk - Everett Silvertips
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winnipeg ICE Acquire 2000-Born Goaltender Dean McNabb from Regina Pats - Winnipeg Ice
- Pats Acquire Goaltender Danton Belluk from Everett - Regina Pats
- Broncos to Host AGM at IPlex Wednesday, Sept 25 at 7:00 - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Trade Goaltender Dean McNabb to Winnipeg - Regina Pats
- Brendan De Jong Signs Pro Contract - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers Acquire Gavlas from Oil Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings and Medicine Hat Tigers Announce Trade - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hurricanes Announce 2019-2020 Broadcast Tandem - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Broncos Reduce Roster by Four Following Pre-Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats to Host A&W Home Opener Friday - Regina Pats
- Bairos Returned to Midget, Blazers Roster at 26 - Kamloops Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.