Cotton Kings Game Night Preview
11/11/06 - ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAGE (2-3-2) @ LUBBOCK COTTON KINGS (5-3-0)
- 7:05 PM LUBBOCK MUNICIPAL COLISEUM
ALL THE RAGE
The Lubbock Cotton Kings moved into first place in the Southwest Division last night with their 6-1 victory over the Amarillo Gorillas, and tonight they close out their first three-in-three weekend of the season by hosting the inaugural Rocky Mountain Rage. Lubbock has won two consecutive home games and seeks to remain in first place with a victory tonight. Rocky Mountain is back on the road after their home opener last night, which the Rage won 5-4 in a shootout over Tulsa. They have already played six games away from their base in Broomfield, Colorado and the Rage are 1-3-2 on the road.
This is the first ever meeting between the two clubs, the first of three meetings during the season and the only meeting in Lubbock.
THE LAST TIME
There are no prior meetings between the two franchises.
Yesterday, the Lubbock Cotton Kings waived Paul D'Agostino and activated Chris Barth from the IR. Rocky Mountain made a move, as they waived Sheldon Lee and added Preston Briggs.
Kings - 10 points, 1st place, Southwest Division.
Rage - 6 points, 4th place, 6 points back, Northwest Division.
Kings - Points: 13 Kyle Nosan, Goals: 6 Simon Watson, Assists: 10 Kyle Nosan, Penalty Minutes: 24 Jason Beatty.
Rage - Points: 9 Anders Strome, Goals: 7 Anders Strome, Assists: 6 Several Tied, Penalty Minutes: 33 Jordan Little.
Kings - Power play: 20.3% 6th, Penalty killing: 81.8% 11th.
Rage - Power play: 18.6% 7th, Penalty killing: 84.6% 6th.
Kings - JF Perras (4-1-0, 0 SO, 2.77), Kyle Stanton (4-1-0, 0 SO, 2.77).
Rage - David Guerrera (2-3-1, 0 SO, 3.76), Trevor Cunning (0-0-1, 0 SO, 0.92).
Lubbock - Thursday, November 16th 7:05 PM vs. Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs Lubbock Municipal Coliseum
Rocky Mountain - Tuesday, November 14th 7:05 PM vs. Wichita Thunder Broomfield Events Center
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2006
- SteelHounds Fall Short in Shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Colorado Special In Their Win - New Mexico Scorpions
- Six Different Skaters Score As Steelheads Rout Thunder 6-1 - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Eagles Win Seventh Straight, Beat Scorpions 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Penalties Lead to Rage Loss - Rocky Mountain Rage
- RiverKings shut out Rayz 4-0 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Sterling, RiverKings shut-out Rayz - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Beat Mudbugs In OT, Rookie Chaumont Pots Another Sudden Death Winner - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs lose 3-2 in OT to Laredo - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Killer Bees game notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Road Game Preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rage Edges Oilers in Home Opening Thriller - Rocky Mountain Rage
- SteelHounds Spoil Sundogs Home Opener - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.