Conservation Weekend, Giveaways Highlight Upcoming Homestand
CORPUS CHRISTI - The Hooks return to Whataburger Field for a seven-game homestand against a pair of inter-division opponents from Monday, June 17 through Sunday, June 23.
Monday marks the end of the Texas League's first half with a bout against the league-leading Arkansas Travelers, Double-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. The first 1,500 kids 12 and under at the opener will receive a Surfing Sammy Toothbrush Holder Bobblehead, presented by Star Orthodontics. The slate is wiped clean as the league's second half begins Tuesday.
Coastal Bend Conservation Weekend, presented by the Port of Corpus Christi, officially begins Thursday, June 20 to start a four-game set with the Springfield Cardinals, Double-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals. Thursday's game marks the historic "Phones-Free Game" as all fans will be asked to place their phones in a secure locked Yondr pouch. Following Bud Light Friday Fireworks, celebrate Conservation Weekend by being one of the first 1,750 fans to the ballpark on Saturday, June 22 to receive a Hooks Coastal Bend Hiking Backpack, presented by the Port of Corpus Christi.
Here's a full look at the homestand:
Monday, June 17 vs. Arkansas Travelers: 6:15 p.m. (gates open 4:45 p.m.)
- The first 1,500 kids 12 and unders receive a Surfing Sammy Toothbrush Holder Bobblehead, presented by Star Orthodontics.
- Dollar Day presented by Mrs. Baird's ($1 hot dogs, sodas, candy and prize wheel spins).
- Media Partner: 106.5 The Shark Tuesday, June 18 vs. Arkansas Travelers: 6:15 p.m. (gates open 5:15 p.m.)
- Kids Eat Free! (All kids 18 and under receive a voucher for one hot dog and one small soda, redeemable at Tuesday's game).
- Mike Shaw Automotive 4-for-$40 (Four tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas for $40).
- Half-Price Group Night
- Media Partner: SportsRadio Corpus Christi (1230 AM, 95.1 FM, 96.1 FM) Wednesday, June 19 vs. Arkansas Travelers: 6:15 p.m. (gates open 5:15 p.m.)
- Whataburger Family Day (Buy one ticket, get one kid's ticket free).
- Media Partner: 97.5 KFTX-FM Thursday, June 20 vs. Springfield Cardinals: 6:15 p.m. (gates open 5:15 p.m.)
- Phones-Free Hooks Game (Enjoy a night at the ballgame without mobile distractions! All fans must place their phones in a Yondr lock pouch. Fans can unlock pouches in "Phone Zones" around the ballpark).
- Thirsty Thursday & College Night ($3 beer, discounted soda, and $5 berm ticket for students with valid ID)
- Media Partners: The Beach 96.5 & The Wild 105.5 Friday, June 21 vs. Springfield Cardinals: 7:15 p.m. (gates open 6:15 p.m.)
- Friday Fireworks presented by Bud Light
- Texas Lottery Lucky Dance-Off
- Media Partners: K99, KIII-TV3 Saturday, June 22 vs. Springfield Cardinals: 7:15 p.m. (gates open 5:45 p.m.)
- The first 1,750 fans through the gates receive a Hooks Coastal Bend Hiking Backpack, presented by the Port of Corpus Christi.
- Media Partners: Big 93.9 Sunday, June 23 vs. Springfield Cardinals: 4:15 p.m. (gates open 3:15 p.m.)
- Every Sunday, your Hooks take the field as the Corpus Christi Raspas, part of Minor League Baseball's Copa de la Diversión! Enjoy raspas on the concourse near Section 116.
- H-E-B Kids Day (kids run the bases postgame)
- Military Salute Sunday presented by T-Mobile (half-price reserved tickets for active duty military and veterans with a valid ID, limit 2 tickets per member)
- Media Partners: KSAB, KUNO Individual game tickets and season memberships are on sale now at the Whataburger Field Box Office. Purchases can be made online at cchooks.com/tickets, at the Box Office or by phone at 361-561-HOOK (4665).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Riders Strike Early But Fall 6-1 in Finale - Frisco RoughRiders
- Long Ball Aids Naturals in Series Win over Amarillo - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Drillers Complete Sweep of Frisco - Tulsa Drillers
- Conservation Weekend, Giveaways Highlight Upcoming Homestand - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Tulsa to Host Frisco and Amarillo in Seven-Game Homestand - Tulsa Drillers
- Naturals to Become Growlin' Chickens on August 9-10 at Arvest Ballpark - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cowan's Walk-Off in 10 Gives Travs 7 in a Row - Arkansas Travelers
- Corpus Christi Pitchers Turns in Dominant Performances as Hooks Fall in Extras - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Sod Poodles Move Within a Half Game of First Place with 4-1 Victory over Naturals - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi Hooks Stories
- Gregorio Petit Named Corpus Christi Hooks Manager
- Whataburger Field Receives $3 Million in Capital Improvements
- Hooks Roll out 2020 Spring High School Schedule
- 2020 Kleberg Bank College Classic Features Islanders, Three 'Power 5' Schools
- Former Astros Broadcaster Bill Brown to Speak at Winter Banquet