Condors Doubled up by Thunder
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder (17-9-3-3, 40pts) scored four times in the second period en route to a 6-3 win over the Bakersfield Condors (7-22-1-2, 17pts) in a physical affair Friday night at Rabobank Arena.
Stockton broke the ice five minutes into the opening period, with ECHL rookie scoring leader C Justin Maylan sending a wrister past G Scott Greenham to make it 1-0. The physical play culminated in a pair of first period fights, and the Thunder took a 12-8 shot lead as well into the dressing room.
Just over three minutes into the second frame, D Tyson Gimblett was whistled for a five-minute major on checking to the head, and on the ensuing power play three goals were scored. Stockton tallied twice to take a 3-0 lead, but the Condors answered with a shorthanded tally by F Daniel Koger to keep it a two-goal game. The goal was Koger's second as a Condor and seventh of the season. The Thunder added two more in the period, sa ndwiched around C Levi Nelson's 10th of the season.
The Thunder added another tally in the openi ng minute of the third to make it 6-2. The Condors added a power play goal of their own in the waning moments of the contest, a blast from the blueline from D Olivier Dame-Malka. Multiple scraps broke out late in the game, but ultimately the Thunder took the win.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 28, 2012
- Condors Doubled up by Thunder - Bakersfield Condors
- Eagles Drop First of Three in Alaska - Colorado Eagles
- Bulls Skate Past Wranglers, 4-1, in Front of 8,321 Fans - San Francisco Bulls
- Wranglers Fall 4-1 to Bulls - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Thunder continues mastery over division rival with wire-to-wire win - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Lose 4-3 to Grizzlies in a Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Grizzlies Beat Ontario 4-3 in SO - Utah Grizzlies
- Miracle Comback Falls Short for Titans; Fall in Reading, 5-4 - Trenton Titans
- Jackals Freeze IceMen - Elmira Jackals
- Gendur's Four Goals Leads Orlando to 8-4 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gendur's Four Goals Leads Orlando to 8-4 Victory over the Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fort Wayne Defeats Kalamazoo 4-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Greenville Falls to Wheeling 5-4 in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Poke Past Greenville, 5-4 in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Gladiators Fall to Stingrays 4-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Tartar Sauce Time, Cyclones Fry Walleye 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays End Skid with 4-0 Victory over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Idaho Loans Defenseman to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 28 - ECHL
- IceMen Assigned 4 by St.Louis; Trade Foam; Waive Whitney - Evansville IceMen
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Wear Throwback Jerseys for "Indoor Winter Classic" - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Receive Defenseman Derek Foam from Evansville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Condors vs. Stockton - VooDoo Doll Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Bulls Host Las Vegas in Final Game of the Calendar Year - San Francisco Bulls
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Trenton Titans Week(s) in Review - Trenton Titans
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Partner with Cincinnati Police Department for Teddy Bear Toss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades Tonight - December 28 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Two Added to Eagles' Roster in Time for Tonight's Game in Alaska - Colorado Eagles
- Titans GameDay at Reading - December 28 (Game 30-Away 15) - Trenton Titans
- New Years Eve Party - Grub & Grog Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Road Trip Tonight vs. Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 28 - ECHL
- Thunder Booms Past Bakersfield With Four Unanswered Goals, Bunz's 29 Saves - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Holds off the Condors 4-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.