Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft
COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired a conditional pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for defenseman Blake Siebenaler, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.
Siebenaler, 22, has tallied one goal and one assist for two points with six penalty minutes in 17 games with the Cleveland Monsters, the club's American Hockey League affiliate, this season. He has spent the past three seasons with the Monsters, registering 7-7-14 and 18 penalty minutes in 83 career AHL games. He was selected by Columbus in the third round, 77th overall, at the 2014 NHL Draft. Siebenaler spent three seasons with the Ontario Hockey League's Niagara IceDogs from 2013-16, collecting 25-71-96 and 69 penalty minutes in 199 games.
The Blue Jackets return to action on Tuesday when they host the Washington Capitals. Game time from Nationwide Arena is 7 p.m. ET. Live coverage on FOX Sports Ohio begins with the Blue Jackets Live pre-game show starting at 6:30 p.m. All Blue Jackets games televised on FOX Sports Ohio will also be streamed live via the FOX Sports app. The game may also be heard on the Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs Blue Jackets Radio Network, including Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan in Columbus, and online at BlueJackets.com.
Single game tickets for all home games played at Nationwide Arena during the 2018-19 regular season are on sale now. Full and partial season tickets for the Blue Jackets' 2018-19 campaign are also currently available for purchase. Information on all ticketing options can be obtained by calling (800) NHL-COLS or by visiting BlueJackets.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Dalpe Dazzles in Return, Nets Two for Monsters in 3-2 OT Win over Ads
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Julius Bergman to Monsters
- Monsters Recall Defenseman Justin Wade from ECHL's Florida Everblades
- Monsters Upended by Amerks, 4-2
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters