Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17
(Rochester, NY) --- The Rochester Americans will host their annual Kids Day Game presented by NY's 529 College Savings Program on Sunday, Feb. 17 when the Amerks host the Binghamton Devils at The Blue Cross Arena at 3:05 p.m.
All kids tickets (ages 12 and under) for the Feb. 17 game can be purchased for just $10, with adult tickets available for as low as $14.
The day's family-friendly festivities will include a bounce house, balloon animals and a face painting station as well as other activities for kids. In addition, the first 5,000 kids through The Blue Cross Arena doors will receive a drawstring backpack, courtesy of NY's 529 College Savings Program.
The Amerks longtime mascot, The Moose, will be celebrating his birthday during the game and has invited many of his mascot friends to join him, including Billy Buffalo, Spikes, Rex the Rhino, R Thunder, Otto the Orange, Fidelusaurous Elmo and many more. The mascots will also be in attendance to mingle with fans, pose for pictures and partake in different activities throughout the day.
Rochester's Kids Day game also coincides with the launch of USA Hockey's annual Hockey Week Across America campaign. As part of Hockey Day in America on Feb. 17, the Amerks are offering all registered USA Hockey members one free ticket to Sunday's game with additional tickets for family and friends starting at $14. USA Hockey members can take advantage of the offer presenting their USA Hockey membership card at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office.
Now in its 12th year, Hockey Week Across America was created by USA Hockey in 2008 to engage the hockey community in celebrating the sport of hockey at all levels and exposing the sport to new audiences.
Sunday's game will also feature the annual chicken wing-eating contest sponsored by The Distillery, which will take place in the tunnel located between sections 114 and 116 during the first intermission. For the third straight year, fans were able to vote on their favorite wing sauce on Amerks social media channels. The contestant that eats the most chicken wings soaked in the winning sauce voted most popular by the fans on social media will win a prize pack courtesy of The Distillery and the Amerks.
Following Sunday's game, Amerks players will stop by The Distillery, located at 1142 Mt. Hope Ave., for the first official post-game party of the season as fans are invited to join in. The Distillery will offer a variety of great food and drink specials while Amerks prizes will be given away throughout the party.
The Bud Light Girls will also be on hand throughout the duration of the event and the first 50 fans in attendance will receive a special Amerks Bud Light T-shirt. Additionally, fans that stop by the Bud Pub at The Blue Cross Arena and purchase a Bud Light during the Amerks home games on Friday, Feb. 15, Sunday, Feb. 17 or Sunday, Mar. 3 will receive a special Amerks Bud Light souvenir cup, while supplies last. The cups can then be used at the team's post-game parties on Sunday, Feb. 17 or Sunday, Mar. 3 to receive special discounts on Bud Light refills.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day-of-game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Pull off Wild Comeback, Stun Comets in Overtime for Fourth Straight Win
- Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson
- Goaltender Jonas Johansson Undergoes Successful Season-Ending Surgery
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon