Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati
(Rochester, NY) - Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today the team has recalled forward Myles Powell from the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL).
Powell, 24, earns his second recall after appearing in five games with the Amerks earlier this season. While skating in 37 contests with the Cyclones this season, the first-year pro is fifth among all Cincinnati skaters in overall points (39) and ranks second with 19 goals. The Courtenay, British Columbia, native totaled 11 points (8+3) over a season-long seven-game point streak between Nov. 7 and Nov. 21, including a pair of two-goal outings over that span, and has 10 points (5+5) in his last six games, highlighted by a career-high four-point effort (2+2) on Feb. 1.
Powell has recorded 42 points (20+22) in 42 career games with Cincinnati and has also appeared in nine American Hockey League contests with the Amerks since making his pro debut with the team at the end of last season.
Prior to turning pro, Powell completed a four-year collegiate career at Rochester Institute of Technology (AHA), where he became one of the most decorated players in school history. Powell finished with 105 points (45+60) in 149 games with the Tigers, leading the team in scoring in three of his four seasons. A two-time AHA Champion and finalist for the 2018 Hobey Baker Award, the 5-foot-9, 174 pound-forward became just the 10th player in R.I.T.'s Division I history to record 100 or more points. He finished his tenure at R.I.T. tied for second in program history with nine game-winning tallies while ranking sixth all-time with 45 career goals.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day-of-game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Pull off Wild Comeback, Stun Comets in Overtime for Fourth Straight Win
- Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson
- Goaltender Jonas Johansson Undergoes Successful Season-Ending Surgery
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon