Penguins Release Troy Josephs
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have mutually agreed to the release of forward Troy Josephs from his American Hockey League contract with the team.
"Ever since the organization drafted Troy in 2013, he has been nothing but an outstanding young man and a great representation of the Penguins," said Wilkes-Barre/Scranton General Manager Bill Guerin. "We wish him the best of luck in next stage of his professional career."
Josephs, 24, was most recently playing for the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers. He recorded 21 goals and 18 assists for 39 points in 32 games with the Nailers this season. Josephs played 28 games across three seasons with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, including 11 contests this year, accruing five points (1G-4A) in that time.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Wednesday, Feb. 13, as it renews its rivalry with the Hershey Bears at Giant Center. The Penguins' next home game is Saturday, Feb. 16, against the Utica Comets. Puck drop on Military Appreciation Night presented by MetLife between the Penguins and Comets is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins
- Penguins Drop 5-1 Decision at Hershey