Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Belleville Senators forward Drake Batherson has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending February 10, 2019.
Batherson notched six goals and added five assists for 11 points in four games for the Senators last week.
Batherson scored one goal and assisted on three others on Tuesday evening as Belleville earned a 7-6 overtime win at Toronto. He chipped in a goal and an assist in a 5-2 win at Laval on Friday, and registered the first hat trick of his pro career as part of another four-point night in a 6-3 decision over the Rocket on Saturday. Finally, Batherson extended his goal-scoring streak to five games and his point streak to nine games with a tally in Sunday's nationally televised 4-3 overtime victory back in Toronto.
With 19 points in his last nine games, Batherson now leads all AHL rookies in scoring with 44 points (16 goals, 28 assists) in 37 contests for Belleville this season. A fourth-round pick by Ottawa in the 2017 NHL Draft, Batherson also has three goals and five assists in 17 NHL games with the parent Senators. The 20-year-old Batherson was named the MVP of the 2019 AHL All-Star Challenge last month after scoring five goals in the tournament for the North Division, and won a gold medal with Canada at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Batherson will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Senators home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.