Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland and assigned forward Mark Letestu to the Monsters.
A 6'2", 201 lb. left-handed native of Bellmawr, New Jersey, Robinson, 23, appeared in three games for the Blue Jackets this season and posted a +1 rating in four career NHL appearances for Columbus spanning the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons. Additionally, Robinson supplied 12-12-24 with 15 penalty minutes and a +3 rating in 45 appearances for the Monsters this year. Prior to his professional career, Robinson contributed 39-28-67 with 74 penalty minutes and a -29 rating in 128 NCAA appearances for Princeton University spanning four seasons from 2014-18. In 50 USHL appearances for the Dubuque Fighting Saints during the 2013-14 season, Robinson notched 8-16-24 with 24 penalty minutes and a -1 rating.
A 5'10", 178 lb. right-handed native of Elk Point, AB, Letestu, 33, signed a one-year, two-way NHL/AHL contract with Columbus on September 27, 2018 and supplied 13-13-26 with 12 penalty minutes and a -4 rating in 39 appearances for the Monsters this season, adding a -1 rating in two appearances for Columbus this year. In 560 career NHL appearances for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Columbus and the Edmonton Oilers spanning parts of ten seasons from 2009-19, Letestu notched 93-117-210 with 90 penalty minutes and a -49 rating. In 230 career AHL appearances for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins and Cleveland spanning parts of five seasons from 2006-10 and the 2018-19 campaign, Letestu contributed 64-96-160 with 67 penalty minutes and a +26 rating.
Letestu tallied 1-2-3 with four penalty minutes and an even rating in six ECHL appearances for the Wheeling Nailers during the 2007-08 season and added 24-22-46 with 14 penalty minutes and a +8 rating in 37 NCAA appearances for Western Michigan University the season prior in 2006-07.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Tuesday home clash vs. the Rochester Americans with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters tickets for the hottest games of the year on sale now and start at only $10 per seat! Additionally, 2019-20 Monsters Hockey Club memberships, including the best seats for each game, the lowest ticket prices, exclusive year-round benefits and free gear are also on sale now. Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Coreau, Kyrou Lead Rampage Past Admirals - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Eric Robinson from Cleveland, Assign Forward Mark Letestu to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Eagles Complete Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Left Wing Spencer Naas Recalled from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Division Leading Condors Put Streak on the Line this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17 - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Columbus Blue Jackets Trade Defenseman Blake Siebenaler to Pittsburgh Penguins for Conditional Pick in 2019 NHL Draft - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Recall Dostie and Moldenhauer from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Batherson Earns Second CCM/AHL Player of the Week Honours - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Drake Batherson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Penguins Release Troy Josephs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Bobblehead Series Giveaway Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Inaugural High School Hockey Club Makes a Lasting Impact, Paves the Way - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019 Summer Tour Presented by Cedar Point
- Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters and Canton Charge Announce New-Look-Game Entertainment Teams
- Monsters Announce 2019 Summer Street Hockey Series
- Monsters End Season with 6-2 Loss to Marlies in Game 4
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Alexandre Texier to Monsters