Collier Wins Second Straight Pitcher of the Month Award
The official statistician of the American Association, Pointstreak, has announced that Kansas City T-Bones' RHP Tommy Collier has been named the league's Rawlings Pitcher of the Month for the month of August.
Collier has now one two straight player of the month awards. The Cypress,Texas native went 6-1 during the month, striking out 52 in the process.
The righty's best performance during the month came in a 6-0 win over the Wichita Wingnuts on August 30. In the start, Collier fanned 12 Wingnuts while tossing 6.2 innings of scoreless ball. The 28-year-old also had a one-run eight-inning performance against the league's top team, the Sioux City Explorers.
The first time indy-baller began his professional career in 2011 after being drafted in the 22nd round of the 2011 MLB Draft by the Detroit Tigers. Collier spent six seasons in the Tigers' system, going 4-1 with a 1.85 ERA as a rookie with Connecticut in the New York/Penn League. In 2016, he reached double-A for the third time, posting a 9-7 record with a 4.20 ERA.
Rawlings is the official baseball of the American Association. They are located in St. Louis, MO and are the official helmet of Major League Baseball and the exclusive supplier of baseballs to Major League Baseball since 1977. For more information about Rawlings go to: http://www.rawlings.com.
Images from this story
Kansas City T-Bones' RHP Tommy Collier
(John Ellis / Kansas City T-Bones)
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 2, 2018
- Saltdogs Hit Four Homers and Split Doubleheader with Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Railroaders Clinch Final Series of 2018 - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Break Skid with 6-5 Victory over Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- Charleston Breaks Appearances Record, Goldeyes Edged Late - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- X's Win Behind Pair of Sermo Home Runs - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Win Penultimate Game, Series over Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Sermo Ends Wingnuts Postseason Chances - Wichita Wingnuts
- Birds Lose Nail-Biter to RedHawks in Penultimate Game - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Watch Every 2018 RailCats Playoff Game with the "Playoff Pass" - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Collier Wins Second Straight Pitcher of the Month Award - Kansas City T-Bones
- Two Big Innings the Difference as Birds Drop Opener to RedHawks - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts Keep X's at Bay and Playoff Hopes Alive - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.