RedHawks Win Penultimate Game, Series over Canaries
FARGO, ND - A solo home run from Tim Colwell in the sixth inning of Saturday afternoon's game provided the winning run for the RedHawks as Fargo-Moorhead defeated the Sioux Falls Canaries 3-1 to clinch a series win with one game left in the 2018 season.
The RedHawks (51-48) had a 1-0 lead until the sixth inning, when Sioux Falls tied the game on an RBI-single from David Bergin. Colwell's third homer of the season put the home team back on top with three innings to play, and Fargo-Moorhead added an insurance run in the eighth to secure the victory.
Michael Tamburino struck out eight in six innings on the mound to earn his seventh win of the season in his last start of the year. Tamburino is 7-7 in 20 starts this season.
Benji Waite and Geoff Broussard held the Canaries scoreless after Tamburino left the game, and Randy McCurry came on with the bases loaded in the eighth to shut out the visitors and earn a four-out save. McCurry has 17 saves this year for the RedHawks.
Fargo-Moorhead will face the Sioux Falls Canaries in final game of the 2018 season tomorrow afternoon at Newman Outdoor Field. First pitch between the RedHawks and Canaries is scheduled for 1:00 PM in the Labor Day meeting.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 2, 2018
- Saltdogs Hit Four Homers and Split Doubleheader with Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Railroaders Clinch Final Series of 2018 - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Break Skid with 6-5 Victory over Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- Charleston Breaks Appearances Record, Goldeyes Edged Late - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- X's Win Behind Pair of Sermo Home Runs - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Win Penultimate Game, Series over Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Sermo Ends Wingnuts Postseason Chances - Wichita Wingnuts
- Birds Lose Nail-Biter to RedHawks in Penultimate Game - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Watch Every 2018 RailCats Playoff Game with the "Playoff Pass" - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Collier Wins Second Straight Pitcher of the Month Award - Kansas City T-Bones
- Two Big Innings the Difference as Birds Drop Opener to RedHawks - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts Keep X's at Bay and Playoff Hopes Alive - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints
- RedHawks Yhoxian Medina Named 2019 American Association Defensive Player of the Year
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints