Cloutier Released From PTO, Hogs Head To Milwaukee Tonight
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs and Milwaukee Admirals clash for the second time in less than a week tonight at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee at 7 p.m.
The IceHogs look to keep rolling as they are riding a two game win streak with victories over Milwaukee on Saturday followed up with a 6-4 win in Chicago on Sunday.
Tonight's game can be heard on 1330 AM, WNTA and ESPN Radio 1380 AM beginning at 6:35 p.m. Fans with Comcast Cable can listen to tonight's action on Channel 57. Also, fans can watch and listen to the Hogs on the Web with AHL Live.
Wingers Rob Klinkhammer (2g-2a) and Mark Cullen (1g-3a) along with defenseman Brian Connelly (2g-2a) lead the IceHogs in scoring against the Admirals with four points each. Connelly looks to keep his hot stretch going as he tallied two points in each game (1g-3a) and was +4 over the weekend.
The game will mark the fifth of ten meetings between the two clubs this season with the series split at two games a piece. The Hogs are 12-11-0-1 against the Admirals all-time and 6-5-0-0 in Milwaukee.
Next Home Game: Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston Aeros: Game time is 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the New Year as the Rockford IceHogs take on the Houston Aeros for the first time at the Rockford MetroCentre. The IceHogs will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets to the Blackhawks game on Sunday, Jan. 10 at the United Center. Don't forget your skates as the IceHogs will host a postgame skate on the MetroCentre's ice and fans can watch the ball drop from New York City at 11 p.m. on the big screen.
GOALIE DAN CLOUTIER RELEASED FROM PTO
Puckstopper was 1-1-0 in three games with Rockford
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League and goalie Dan Cloutier have mutually agreed to release the netminder from his professional try-out agreement, Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard announced on Tuesday.
"Dan has worked very hard to get himself back into shape over the last month," said Bernard. "He has been a role model for our younger players in the locker room but at this time he has made the decision to step away from hockey for the time being."
Cloutier, 33, has appeared in three games with Rockford, finishing with a 1-1-0 record,.893 save percentage and 2.47 goals against average. The Mont-Laurier, Quebec native had previously been away from hockey for 18 months recovering from hip surgery.
The veteran goaltender has appeared in 351 National Hockey League games between the New York Rangers, Tampa Bay, Vancouver and Los Angeles. He has a career record of 139-142-33 in the NHL with an.899 save percentage and 2.77 goals against average.
He was selected #26 overall (Round 1) by the New York Rangers in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft, making his professional debut with the AHL's Binghamton Rangers in 1996-97.
Next Home Game: Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston Aeros. Game time is 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the New Year as the Rockford IceHogs take on the Houston Aeros for the first time at the Rockford MetroCentre. The IceHogs will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets to the Blackhawks game on Sunday, Jan. 10 at the United Center. Don't forget your skates as the IceHogs will host a postgame skate on the MetroCentre's ice and fans can watch the ball drop from New York City at 11 p.m. on the big screen.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2009
- Admirals Cruise To Win Over Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Sneaks By Texas 4-3 In A Shootout - Texas Stars
- Crunch End Slide with Shootout Win in Texas - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Comeback Comes Up Short - Cleveland Monsters
- Big First Sparks Rivermen Win Over Monsters - Peoria Rivermen
- Fat Tuesday In Milwaukee, Hogs Fall 7-1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Earn Point Against Bruins - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Caught In Dangerous Waters - Manchester Monarchs
- Season-High Crowd Winesses Admirals History In Spirited Contest - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Are Kings Of The Sea, Defeat Monarchs 5-2 - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Cloutier Released From PTO, Hogs Head To Milwaukee Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Jason Jaffray Selected To The 2010 AHL All Star Game - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Add Goalie Todd Ford - Texas Stars
- Krahn First Texas Star To Be Named To An All-Star - Texas Stars
- Scatchard Reassigned To Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers' Katic Named AHL All-Star - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Re-Assign Forward Ryan Keller To Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Say Goodbye To 2009, Welcome 2010 With Two Back-To-Back Series - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Honor Chicago's Police And Fire Forces - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Forward Martins Karsums Named To Olympics - Norfolk Admirals
- River Rats Weekly - Albany River Rats
- Haydar Named AHL All-Star - Cleveland Monsters
- O'Reilly Selected For AHL All-Star Classic - Milwaukee Admirals
- Keller And St. Pierre Named To 2010 Canadian AHL All-Star Roster - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack's Corey Locke Headed To AHL All-Star Classic - Connecticut Whale
- Couture And Groulx Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Worcester Sharks
- Bryan Rodney Selected To Canada AHL All-Star Team - Albany River Rats
- Capitals Assign Semyon Varlamov To Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Cedrick Desjardins And P.K. Subban Named To The Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Giroux, Gordon Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Ennis Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Portland Pirates
- Ellerby Named To Canadian AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- 2010 Canadian AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Charles Linglet Named To AHL All-Star Team - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Sign Left Wing Rick Cleaver And Center Charlie Kronschnabel - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Set To Host Providence Bruins Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Marquardt Assigned To Reading - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Ads Surge Late to Sail Away with 8-2 Win
- Ads Use Three-Goal First to Punch Hole Through Hogs
- Hogs Host Alumni Night, Dri-Fit Quarter Zip Giveaway Saturday
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves