Clippers Put Clamps Down on Wolves Offense
Ontario, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (12-12) were unable to generate enough offense Thursday night to defeat the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (10-11), losing 105-95 on the road at the Toyota Arena.
Guard Jaylen Nowell finished with a team-high 24 points on 9-of-18 shooting from the floor. The Minnesota Timberwolves assignee also converted 4-of-7 field goals from deep.
Two-way player Jordan McLaughlin continued his successful season with Iowa, picking up his third double-double with a 13-point, 10-rebound performance in the loss.
One night after scoring 147 points in regulation at South Bay, the Wolves were held to just 95 points on 42.0% (37-of-88) shooting from the field and 24.0% (6-of-25) shooting from deep.
Former University of Minnesota forward Jordan Murphy finished with 16 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a well-rounded effort.
Kelan Martin (11) and Jaylen Johnson (10) also finished in double figures for Iowa.
All five starters ended in double figures for the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario in a well-balanced offensive game. Two-way player Johnathan Motley led the way with a 16-point performance.
Iowa concludes its current three-game road trip with a contest against the Stockton Kings Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2020
- Hustle Drop Tight Contest in Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Coats Drop Back-And-Forth Home Contest to Grand Rapids - Delaware Blue Coats
- Bulls Go Down at Home to Skyhawks, 114-103 - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Comes up Short in Overtime Thriller - Greensboro Swarm
- Drive Top Blue Coats After Impressive 4th Quarter - Grand Rapids Drive
- Knicks Falls in Heartbreak at the Buzzer - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Beat the Knicks at the Buzzer - Lakeland Magic
- Clippers Put Clamps Down on Wolves Offense - Iowa Wolves
- Big Fourth Gives Clips First Win of the Decade - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Austin Spurs Top Northern Arizona Suns 109-102 - Austin Spurs
- Suns Drop Battle of the 2020 Undefeateds - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Stars Stifle Wolves Offense in Salt Lake City
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III, Omari Spellman and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup
- Kelan Martin and Wolves Make a Big Splash against Warriors on the Road
- James Webb III Named to USA Men's February 2020 AmeriCup Qualifying Team