Chihuahuas Split Doubleheader Monday in Iowa
The El Paso Chihuahuas started Monday's doubleheader with a three-run first inning but lost to the Iowa Cubs 6-5. It was the third time in six games the Chihuahuas scored three runs or more in the first inning.
Allen Craig went 2-for-3 with an RBI to extend his hitting streak to eight games. Auston Bousfield hit two doubles in the loss for El Paso. Game 1 was the fifth time in the last six games the final score was decided by one run.
Monday's 9:33 a.m. first pitch was the earliest in Chihuahuas' history.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-cubs/2018/06/11/542749#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=542749
The El Paso Chihuahuas got their fifth shutout win of the season in Game 2, defeating Iowa 3-0, holding the Cubs to two hits in the process. Javy Guerra hit a two-run home run in the fourth inning for the Chihuahuas, his second homer of the series and seventh of the season.
Robert Stock got his team-leading fifth save of the season and fourth of the road trip.
The Chihuahuas ended their seven-game Midwest road trip with four wins and three losses. Monday's Game 2 victory clinched El Paso's first series win since May 21-24 at Tacoma.
Monday was El Paso's first doubleheader of the season. The Chihuahuas do not play on Tuesday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-cubs/2018/06/11/542748#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=542748
Team Records: El Paso (32-33), Iowa (24-38)
Next Game: Wednesday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Nashville RHP Ben Bracewell (0-2, 6.55) vs. El Paso RHP Walker Lockett (2-5, 5.10). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 11, 2018
- Rainiers Post Biggest Comeback Of The Year, Top Sounds 8-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Blow Late Lead, Lose to Rainiers - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Tacoma Rainiers (31-33) at Nashville Sounds (30-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Dziedzic's Gem Drives Chasers to 2-0 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds See Six-Run Lead Evaporate in Series Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Tomas, Aces Mount Epic Comeback in Memphis - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Split Doubleheader Monday in Iowa - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa and El Paso Split Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Upcoming Homestand Features Star Wars and Father's Day Promotions - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Express INF Christian Lopes Named PCL Player of the Week - Round Rock Express
- Casey Lawrence Honored as PCL Pitcher of the Week - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Memphis - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers and OHSO Aim to ENDUI with "Road to the Show" Promotion - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-26) vs Reno Aces (29-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Grizzlies blast five home runs, beat OKC Dodgers 12-8 on Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Claw Past Dodgers, 12-8 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.