Chiefs and Caterpillar Present Hannah Montana Star Jason Earles
PEORIA, IL- The Peoria Chiefs and Caterpillar are excited to announce the appearance of the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana star Jason Earles on Sunday, June 15th when the Chiefs face the Burlington Bees at 2 pm.
Earles will be throwing out a ceremonial first pitch and will then be signing autographs for the general public. As thanks for their contributions, CAT employees and their families will have the opportunity for a 30-minute Meet-and-Greet with Earles prior to the game.
"Bringing in someone who is such a star in the eyes of our fans is exciting for everyone," said Chiefs President Rocky Vonachen. "We are thrilled to present such a fan favorite to the youth of Peoria, and we are very grateful to have a company as reputable as Caterpillar working as our partner for this appearance."
Thanks to his role on the Disney Channel's original hit series Hannah Montana, Earles has become a star on the children's television circuit. In 2005, Earles landed the role of Jackson Stewart, the older brother of Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus). Hannah Montana was nominated for "Outstanding Children's Program" in 2007, and the series won two Kids' Choice Awards in 2007 and 2008 and a Teen Choice Award in 2007.
Earles scored his first major movie role in 2004 with National Treasure, when he played Thomas Gates, the stable boy who discovers that America's founding fathers hid the "Knight's Templar Treasures." Earles also played the part of Ernie Kaplowitz in American Pie Presents: Band Camp.
Born in San Diego, CA, Earles later lived in Billings, Montana, where he graduated from Rocky Mountain College in 2000. His fame is the result of hard work. Earles studied acting, directing, and cold reading and participated in numerous local plays in Montana and Oregon before landing the role of Jackson.
June 15 with the Chiefs will also feature a chance for fathers and their kids to play catch on the field before the game to commemorate Father's Day. It will also be Prostate Cancer Awareness Day at O'Brien Field. All Chiefs players and coaches will wear special light blue Chiefs jerseys, and the auction will be taking place to benefit Prostate Cancer Research. The contest also complete the 70 game first-half of the Midwest League schedule with the second-half beginning after the All-Star break on June 19 at O'Brien Field.
Tickets for the June 15 game against Burlington, along with all remaining O'Brien Field home games are available at www.peoriachiefs.com, by calling 1-866-MY TICKET or at the O'Brien Field Box Office. The entire Chiefs game schedule and promotional calendar are available online at www.peoriachiefs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 5, 2008
- Cougars cash in on walks to beat Whitecaps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs use long ball to sink Kernels, 5-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Snappers double-up Lansing, 4-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Johnson's Arm, Ortiz' Bat Power Loons to Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons get the jump on the Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Win 5-2 on Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars cash in on walks to beat Whitecaps - Kane County Cougars
- Reed, Partch Lead Dragons to 9-2 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Bandits burned by Dragons 9-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Score First Three Runs But Lose 4-3 - Burlington Bees
- Former Illini Star Roger Powell Jr. to Give Motivational Speech - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs and Caterpillar Present Hannah Montana Star Jason Earles - Peoria Chiefs
- Figaro Named Player of Week - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Magnet schools highlighted at May 9th Lugnuts game - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Make Roster Moves - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.