Charlotte Independence Announce Fans Will Not be Permitted at First Two Home Matches in August
CHARLOTTE - The Charlotte Independence are excited to be hosting the Charleston Battery on August 8th and Birmingham Legion FC on August 12th. The games will take place at our home stadium, the Sportsplex at Matthews, but will be played without fans in the stands in the best interest of our fans, players and club staff.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the overriding priority of both the Club and the USL has been the health and wellbeing of everyone involved. We are hopeful that fans will be allowed back at games later this season if North Carolina continues to progress in its fight against Covid-19.
Although it is disappointing not to have fans at our first home games of the season, let us not forget what is truly important - beating this virus.
Strict protocols have been put in place to ensure that the Sportsplex at Matthews is as safe as possible for everybody present. These protocols include safety measures for fans when the governor and the county allow for fans to be present.
The Independence would like to thank our partners at Novant Health as well as all our community leaders, advocates, medical staff and volunteers that help on the front lines in our battle against Covid-19.
The Jacks' first home of the season against the Charleston Battery on Saturday, August 8th at the Sportsplex at Matthews, will be presented by Chick-fil-A and broadcast live on ESPN+ at 7 p.m. The following match against Birmingham Legion FC on Wednesday, August 12th at the Sportsplex at Matthews, will be presented by Accuvision Eye Care and broadcast live on ESPN+ at 7 p.m.
- Click Here for the Jacks' 2020 USL Championship Schedule
- Charlotte Independence Comes From Behind Twice to Earn a 2-2 Draw on the Road vs Memphis 901 FC
Wednesday 5 - Birmingham Legion FC (A)
Saturday 8 - Charleston Battery (H)
Wednesday 12 - Birmingham Legion FC (H)
Saturday 15 - Memphis 901 FC (H)
Sunday 23 - Miami FC (A)
Wednesday 26 - North Carolina FC (H)
Saturday 29 - Birmingham Legion FC (H)
Wednesday 2 - Memphis 901 FC (A)
Saturday 5 - North Carolina FC (H)
Saturday 12 - Birmingham Legion FC (A)
Saturday 19 - North Carolina FC (A)
Wednesday 23 - Miami FC (H)
Saturday 26 - Memphis 901 FC (H)
Wednesday 30 - North Carolina FC (A)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 1, 2020
- San Diego Plays to Scoreless Tie against Sacramento Republic FC - San Diego Loyal
- Austin Bold FC End Saturday Night with 2-4 Defeat against San Antonio FC - Austin Bold FC
- Charlotte Independence Announce Fans Will Not be Permitted at First Two Home Matches in August - Charlotte Independence
- Switchbacks FC Drop Result Behind Late Monarchs Goal - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- San Antonio FC Stays Unbeaten After 4-2 Win over Austin Bold FC - San Antonio FC
- STLFC Falls 1-0 Away to Memphis 901 FC - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs Earn First Win of 2020 Season - Real Monarchs SLC
- Hounds Roll Union II, 4-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Craig and Sullivan make their first-ever starts with Sorenson making his USL Championship debut as Union II falls to new Group F leaders - Philadelphia Union II
- Indy Eleven Suffers Rare Home Defeat via 0-1 Loss to Sporting Kansas City II - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC Drops First Match Since Restart, 0-3 to New Mexico. - OKC Energy FC
- North Carolina FC Tops Birmingham Legion FC 1-0 to Earn First Win of 2020 - North Carolina FC
- Legion FC Drops First Match of the Season - Birmingham Legion FC
- Rising FC Hosts El Paso Tonight on CW61 Arizona & ESPN+ at 7:30 PM - Phoenix Rising FC
- STLFC Approved to Continue Operating at Under 25% Capacity - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Independence Stories
- Charlotte Independence Clinch Playoff Spot with 5-1 Victory over Charleston Battery
- Charlotte Independence Announce Time Change for Final Home Match
- Charlotte Independence Defeat New York Red Bulls II in Come from Behind Win
- Five Independence Players Score in Big Win over Loudoun
- Charlotte Independence Pro Team and Youth Club Partner with Summit Coffee Co. to Announce 2021 "Kick the ColdÃ¢ÂÂ Coat Drive