Charge Make Roster Moves
The Canton Charge, presented by SecureData 365 and powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, have acquired forward Jordan Morgan and waived forward/center Michael Dunigan due to season ending injury, the team announced today.
"Mike has played an important role in our team successes both on and off the court these past two seasons," said Charge General Manager Mike Gansey. "We are glad he is going to be here in Canton to get the best treatment possible from our medical staff while remaining an integral part of our team chemistry."
Dunigan played in 33 games (19 starts) and averaged 7.8 points on .500 shooting with 5.3 rebounds and 1.0 block in 20.8 minutes per game. He last played in the victory over Westchester on March 9th before entering the League's concussion protocol. Dunigan will remain with the team in Canton to receive treatment through the end of the season and the Charge will retain his rights as a returning player.
Morgan (6-8, 250, Michigan) most recently played for Paris-Levallois Basket of the French LNB Pro League, where he appeared in 14 games (all starts)and averaged 9.3 points and 5.8 rebounds in 24.4 minutes per game. Morgan then appeared in seven games in the LNB A League where he averaged 5.6 points and 5.6 rebounds in 14.3 minutes per contest. Prior to his stay in Paris, he played professionally in Nantes, France and Rome, Italy.
Morgan ranks first all-time for the Wolverines with 142 career games played. In five seasons in Ann Arbor, Morgan averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 rebounds in 21.1 minutes per contest and helped lead Michigan to the 2013 Final Four and National Championship Game, the program's first in 20 years.
The Charge host the Grand Rapids Drive (Detroit Pistons affiliate) at the Canton Civic Center for Fan Appreciation Night on Friday, March 25th at 7:00 p.m. We say THANK YOU to our fans with guaranteed prizes all game long, including Cavs/Gladiators/Monsters tickets and 1,000 JR Smith bobbleheads! For more information and to purchase tickets, head to www.CantonCharge.com.
2015-16 single game tickets are on sale now starting at just $8 per game! Group discounts are available for parties of 20 or more, with Fan Experience Packages such as being a part of the high five tunnel or playing on the Charge court! For Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions, and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 25, 2016
- Vipers Clinch Playoff Berth with 139-125 Win over Bakersfield - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs Fall to Maine Red Claws - Austin Spurs
- Jam Dropped by Vipers - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Snap Losing Streak - Maine Red Claws
- Blue Falls to Legends - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Top 87ers 99-93 in Overtime - Delaware Blue Coats
- Charge Get Win in Front of Capacity Crowd - Canton Charge
- Devin Ebanks Scores 26, But Grand Rapids Falls to Canton - Grand Rapids Drive
- Home All-Stars Defeat Away All-Stars 94-82 in Central Texas Annual Boys' All-Star Game - Austin Spurs
- Charge Make Roster Moves - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Add Jayvaughn Pinkston - Maine Red Claws
- Pelicans Sign Jordan Hamilton to 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Josh Huestis Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Nuggets Sign Axel Toupane to Multi-Year Contract - Raptors 905
- Santa Cruz Pushes Past the Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Santa Cruz Pushes Past the Stampede - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Slip in Second Half in Austin - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.