CF Montreal to Start Training Camp on Monday
MONTREAL - CF Montréal unveiled on Friday its roster for its 2021 training camp, presented by Allstate Insurance, starting on Monday, March 1st, at Complexe sportif Marie-Victorin. The full duration of the camp will be in Montreal. A total of 41 players could take part in the 2021 training camp, but some players won't be there from the start due to their mandatory quarantine and will be allowed to join the group following the league's reintegration health protocols.
Nine new players will be at camp: defenders Zorhan Bassong, Kamal Miller and Kiki Struna, midfielders Ahmed Hamdi, Djordje Mihailovic and JoaquÃn Torres, and forwards Erik Hurtado, Sunusi Ibrahim and BjÃ¸rn Johnsen.
Six Academy players will also take part in the camp: Goalkeeper Jordan Vézina (13/05/2005), defenders Lundon Durand-Browne (born 07/01/2001) and Zachary Fernandez (09/24/2001), midfielder Matthew Catavolo (02/13/2003), as well as forward Woobens Pacius (05/11/2001). Midfielder Ismael Kenneth Kone (06/16/2002), who has been training with the Academy since January, has also been invited.
"We are happy to see the Academy players continuing to show their progress and quality by getting an invitation to the first team camp," said CF Montréal Academy Director Patrick Leduc. "Considering the difficult training conditions during the pandemic, it's a nice show of confidence, following last year's camp when many young players stood out."
Midfielder Giuseppe Barone, selected 63rd in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft, should join the group for a tryout in a few weeks.
Due to the context of the pandemic, the departures of defenders Keesean Ferdinand and Karifa Yao, as well as midfielder Tomas Giraldo, who all have loan agreements with Canadian Premier League clubs, will be determined at a later date.
2021 TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
Goalkeepers (4): Clément Diop, James Pantemis, Jonathan Sirois, Jordan Vézina*
Defenders (13): Zorhan Bassong, Clément Bayiha, Luis Binks, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Rudy Camacho, Lundon Durand-Browne*, Keesean Ferdinand, Zachary Fernandez*, Kamal Miller, Mustafa Kizza, Kiki Struna, Joel Waterman, Karifa Yao
Midfielders (19): Jean-Aniel Assi, Giuseppe Barone^, Matthew Catavolo*, Mathieu Choinière, Tomas Giraldo, Ahmed Hamdi, Ismael Kenneth Kone^, Lassi Lappalainen, Emanuel Maciel, Djordje Mihailovic, Samuel Piette, Romell Quioto, Sean Rea, Nathan-Dylan Saliba, Amar Sejdic, Ballou Tabla, JoaquÃn Torres, Victor Wanyama, Rida Zouhir
Forwards (5): Erik Hurtado, Sunusi Ibrahim, BjÃ¸rn Johnsen, Woobens Pacius*, Mason Toye
^Players on trial
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2021
- Atlanta United unveils "The BLVCK" Kit for 2021 season - Atlanta United FC
- Update on Major League Soccer Expansion in Sacramento - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2021 River Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC 2021 Preseason Begins March 1 at Starfire Sports - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids' Belief in Youth Key to New Assistant Chris Little's Appointment - Colorado Rapids
- Vibe II Jersey Celebration Saturday - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Unveils Vibe II, its 2021/22 Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Wolde Harris and Chris Little Join Rapids Coaching Staff as Assistants - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Names Chief Medical Officer and Chief Orthopedic Officer - Austin FC
- CF Montreal to Start Training Camp on Monday - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York Red Bulls Add Carlos Coronel on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Opens Season with 4-2 Victory over Toronto FC
- CF Montréal to Kick off Season Saturday against Toronto FC
- A New Partnership between CF Montreal and GE Appliances Canada
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza