Minnesota United Presents 2021 River Kit
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today unveiled the new 2021 River Kit. Replacing the Drift Kit introduced in 2019, the River Kit is a fitting complement to 2020's Wing Kit as the first all-blue kit for the team since coming to MLS in 2017.
The kit's signature feature are the embossed ripples that adorn the top, evoking the bodies of water that connect the state. The River Kit also features a "Forever United" neck tape on the inside collar and raised loon pulled from the club's badge on the outside back collar.
Since the beginning, the blue in the team's badge has evoked the Mississippi River and the way it connects the Twin Cities and the state as whole. The greatest waters grow drop by drop, making their way through forests and fields and cities alike, connecting to each other and gathering momentum. With the River Kit, blue takes center stage for a clean look with a bevy of subtle touches.
The 2021 River jersey is now on sale at mnufc.com. Minnesota United will host a special on-sale at the Black and Blue Team Store at Allianz Field starting tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., with limited capacity. For one day only, MNUFC is expanding the Team Store and opening the Brew Hall and northwest corner of the stadium. For a limited time, ten percent of the proceeds from in-person sale of the 2021 River Kit at the Black and Blue Team Store will be donated to protect clean water and loon habitat in Minnesota.
"Last year, we brought our fans the long-awaited Wing Kit, and this year, we're proud to have our newest kit reflect colors that have been synonymous with Minnesota United since its inception," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "Through our first four years in Major League Soccer, our blue has been used as an accent in previous kits, but it is the feature in 2021. We're excited to have Minnesota Black and Blue highlighted in the River Kit as we head into our fifth season in MLS."
Target returns as the primary kit partner and will continue to be featured on the front of the jerseys as they have since the club's inaugural season. Allianz Life will be represented on the right sleeve for the 2021 season.
Due to COVID-19, Minnesota United has taken extra precautions to keep staff and guests safe. The Black and Blue Team Store will expand into the Brew Hall to provide more space and the NW concourse of Allianz Field will be open to guests, with limited capacity. Guests may be asked to wait outside, so please prepare for the weather. Everyone is required to wear to masks on-site. The hour from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. is reserved for our most vulnerable guests. Cashless payment only to reduce contact.
MNUFC returns to the pitch for its fifth season in MLS. Follow Minnesota United's social channels and check our website at mnufc.com for regular updates on the club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2021
- Atlanta United unveils "The BLVCK" Kit for 2021 season - Atlanta United FC
- Update on Major League Soccer Expansion in Sacramento - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2021 River Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC 2021 Preseason Begins March 1 at Starfire Sports - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids' Belief in Youth Key to New Assistant Chris Little's Appointment - Colorado Rapids
- Vibe II Jersey Celebration Saturday - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Unveils Vibe II, its 2021/22 Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Wolde Harris and Chris Little Join Rapids Coaching Staff as Assistants - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Names Chief Medical Officer and Chief Orthopedic Officer - Austin FC
- CF Montreal to Start Training Camp on Monday - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York Red Bulls Add Carlos Coronel on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Signs Argentine Forward Ramon Abila
- MNUFC Loans Thomas Chacon to Uruguay's Liverpool FC
- Minnesota United Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Picks Justin McMaster and Nabilai Kibunguchy
- Minnesota United Adds Damian Roden as Senior Director of Sports Science
- Minnesota United Announce 2021 MLS Season Schedule