'Caps 4-Game Winning Streak Ends in Kentucky
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - The TinCaps' four-game winning streak came to an end in a 5-2 loss to the Bowling Green Hot Rods (Tampa Bay Rays) on Friday night at Bowling Green Ballpark.
Fort Wayne (6-3) fell despite holding an early 2-0 lead.
The 'Caps started the scoring in the top of the second inning. After left fielder Dwanya Williams-Sutton walked, designated hitter Blake Hunt hit an RBI double to left field. Hunt ranks in the top 10 in the Midwest League in both doubles (4) and RBIs (7).
The TinCaps extended their lead to 2-0 when first baseman Lee Solomon crushed the first pitch of the third inning over the wall in left. It was Solomon's first home run of the season.
The Hot Rods (4-5), however, equalized in their half of the third. Shortstop Osmy Gregorio clubbed a game-tying two-run homer into the right-field bullpen.
The score remained locked, 2-2, into the bottom of the seventh. Bowling Green moved in front with two outs on a wild pitch with Gregorio at third base. The Rods added to their lead thanks to a two-run double by first baseman Kaleo Johnson.
Fort Wayne's 19-year-old starter Joey Cantillo struck out six across four innings, using 75 pitches.
Saturday, April 13 @ Bowling Green
- TinCaps Probable Starter: RHP Gabe Mosser
- Hot Rods Probable Starter: RHP Caleb Sampen
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 12, 2019
- Lugnuts Complete Comeback to Take Game One 5-4 - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Come from Behind to Snap Skid - Clinton LumberKings
- Dayton's Five-Run Sixth Sinks Captains - Lake County Captains
- Big Sixth Inning Propels River Bandits to 8-3 Win at Miller Park - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Blow by 'Caps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- 'Caps 4-Game Winning Streak Ends in Kentucky - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Almond's Birthday Bash Brings 12-2 Win - Kane County Cougars
- Seventh Inning-Rally Spurs Hot Rods to 5-2 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers fall to River Bandits at Miller Park - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts Halt Skid with Late Rally, 5-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Gorman Homers as Chiefs Fall in Kane County - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Walk Their Way to 8-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Munroe Leads Dragons to Big Win over Lake County, 10-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Long Balls Land Loons Win - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 12 at Bowling Green (Game 9) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Wintry Weather Forecast Forces Doubleheader on Saturday, April 13 - Kane County Cougars
- Bandits Relocate April 18-20 Home Series - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons to be Honored with BBB-Dayton Torch Award - Dayton Dragons
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons on TV Saturday and Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- INF Yeltsin Encarnacion from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Burgos, Ponticelli Stifle Hot Rods - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Out-Hit Captains in 2-1 Series Finale Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Complete Winning Road Trip - Kane County Cougars
- Cougars Surge Past Kernels Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- Padres Announce 2020 TinCaps Coaching Staff
- TinCaps Auctioning Jerseys Worn by Team
- Extended Hours for the Orchard Team Store at Parkview Field During Holiday Season
- Update on 2019 HolidayFest "Night of Lights"
- TinCaps Opening Day 2020 Tickets on Sale for Holiday Season