Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Canadiens have assigned forward Christian Thomas to the Bulldogs.
Thomas has split this season between Hamilton and Montreal. In 23 games with Hamilton, the 5'9", 174-pound forward has recorded 14 points (five goals, nine assists) and 14 penalty minutes. In two games with Montreal, he has recorded no points and no penalty minutes.
In 101 career American Hockey League regular season games with the Connecticut Whale and Hamilton Bulldogs, the 21-year-old has recorded 51 points (25 goals, 26 assists) and 29 penalty minutes. In three career National Hockey League games with the New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens, the Toronto, Ontario native has recorded no points and no penalty minutes.
Thomas was originally selected by the Rangers in the second round (40th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Hamilton's next game is scheduled for Tuesday, February 4th, when the 'Dogs will travel to Rockford, Illinois to take on the Rockford IceHogs (AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks) at 8:00 p.m. at BMO Harris Bank Center. The Bulldogs will return to FirstOntario Centre on Saturday, February 15th when they will host the Texas Stars (AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars) at 7:00 p.m.
Hamilton Bulldogs flex tickets, group tickets and 2014-2015 season tickets are on sale now. Starting as low as $140 for a 10-ticket flex pack, we have great packages available for you to enjoy more Hockey Unleashed! For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com. Single-game tickets are available at the FirstOntario Centre Box Office, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-866-DOGS-TIX or 905-529-8500.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2014
- Comets Add a D-Man - Utica Comets
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Takes Down Toronto in Battle of Division Leaders - Texas Stars
- 'Pink the Rink' Night A Success - Utica Comets
- Preview: Games 47, 48 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Heemskerk - Abbotsford Heat
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Yann Sauve Headed to the Canucks - Utica Comets
- Bulldogs Wrap up Six-Game Road Trip with Four Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Recalls Defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Jaskin Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Reassign Henry to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Hoffman Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Split Pair in New York - Rockford IceHogs
- Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Ortio and Assign Street to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Texas Stars
- Penguins' Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Defenceman Brenden Kichton Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Morin, Kichton, Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons to Hold Press Conference February 4 - Springfield Falcons
- Staying Hot at Home, Bears Close Gap in Division, Conference - Hershey Bears
- Emmerton Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.