Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon
Rockford, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs announced details today for their 5th Annual Bowl-a-Thon set for Sunday, March 16 at Cherry Bowl in Cherry Valley to help raise money for charity.
Beginning today, fans can sign up to bowl right alongside their favorite IceHogs players, while raising money for the Sydney Ives Foundation. The entire IceHogs team, including players, coaches and front office staff will participate in the event, which will run from 2-4 p.m. at Cherry Bowl, located at 7171 Cherryvale North Blvd.
Admission to the event is $40 per bowler or $150 for a team of four, and that includes two games of bowling, shoe and ball rental, and a raffle ticket for a chance to win some great prizes, for each participant. Groups of four may pick the IceHogs player they wish to bowl with, on a first come, first serve basis, for an additional $50. Otherwise, all players and team personnel will be randomly assigned to a lane. Fans are encouraged to mingle throughout the event to take pictures and get autographs from their favorite players.
The first 100 bowlers, or 25 teams, to register for the charity bowling event will be guaranteed to bowl with an IceHogs player, coach, or other team personnel.
Registration for the IceHogs Bowl-A-Thon can be done at any IceHogs home game at the BMO Harris Bank Center by stopping by the U.S. Cellular Fan Zone. Fans can also register by calling the IceHogs Communications Department at (815) 847-6381 or by downloading the entry form here and mailing it in to the IceHogs Front Office - 300 Elm St. Rockford, IL 61101. Entry forms may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is expected to sell-out for the fifth straight time and the deadline to register is Friday, March 7 at 5 p.m.
The event will also feature a 50/50 and premium raffle. The premium raffle tickets will be sold for $5 each or five for $20 at the event and will feature prizes courtesy of the IceHogs and other sponsors. Some prizes for all the raffles, premium and regular, include: Blackhawks tickets, Stan Mikita autographed jersey, a game-worn IceHogs jersey, an IceHogs team signed hockey stick, IceHogs club lounge tickets, and much more.
Fans that aren't interested in bowling can still join the fun by purchasing a $10 general admission ticket which will include access to the event for photos and autographs, along with a regular raffle ticket.
If you have any questions regarding the IceHogs Bowl-A-Thon, contact the IceHogs Communications Department at (815) 847-6381 or email@example.com.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Sydney Ives Foundation. The Sydney Ives Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization which focuses on helping families in the fight for the life of their ill child.
The foundation is in memory of Sydney Ives. Ives was made an honorary IceHogs team member on May 20, 2009 after she was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor the year prior. She passed away on Nov. 7, 2009.
To learn more about the foundation, visit www.sydneyives.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2014
- Comets Add a D-Man - Utica Comets
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Takes Down Toronto in Battle of Division Leaders - Texas Stars
- 'Pink the Rink' Night A Success - Utica Comets
- Preview: Games 47, 48 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Heemskerk - Abbotsford Heat
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Yann Sauve Headed to the Canucks - Utica Comets
- Bulldogs Wrap up Six-Game Road Trip with Four Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Recalls Defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Jaskin Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Reassign Henry to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Hoffman Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Split Pair in New York - Rockford IceHogs
- Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Ortio and Assign Street to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Texas Stars
- Penguins' Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Defenceman Brenden Kichton Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Morin, Kichton, Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons to Hold Press Conference February 4 - Springfield Falcons
- Staying Hot at Home, Bears Close Gap in Division, Conference - Hershey Bears
- Emmerton Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Head Coach Derek King Gives Updates on Facebook Live on Tuesday
- Rockford IceHogs, BMO Harris Bank Center and Coronado Performing Art Center Celebrate Local Heroes in New Hometown Heroes Program
- Blackhawks Prospect and IceHogs Scorer Dylan Sikura Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live
- IceHogs Defenseman Ian McCoshen Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live on Tuesday
- IceHogs Team Captain Tyler Sikura Joins Facebook Live Q&A on Friday