Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that defensemen Nick D'Agostino and Harrison Ruopp have been assigned from the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) by the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL).
D'Agostino, 23, has appeared in 25 games this season for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, collecting seven points (1g-7a) and 11 penalty minutes. The first-year defenseman has also posted three assists in seven contests with the Nailers. A native of Bolton, Ontario, D'Agostino was a seventh-round pick by Pittsburgh (210th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and skated for Cornell University from 2009-13, where he compiled 72 points (25g-47a) and 80 PIM in 132 games.
In 11 games this year with the Penguins, Ruopp has posted 18 penalty minutes. A 20-year old rookie from Zehner, Saskatchewan, Ruopp recorded two assists and 21 PIM over 12 games for Wheeling. Prior to beginning his pro career, Ruopp played in 214 games over four seasons with the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League and totaled three goals, 31 assists and 395 PIM. Originally a 2011 third-round draft pick (84th overall) of the Phoenix Coyotes, Ruopp was acquired by the Pittsburgh Penguins on June 22, 2012.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton returns to action next Friday night, February 7, when the Portland Pirates come to town. It's another Anything Goes Friday, featuring a $1,000 guaranteed giveaway from our friends at Cross Valley Federal Credit Union.
Good seats for Friday's contest, as well as all Penguins home games, are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena box office, online at TicketMaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2014
- Comets Add a D-Man - Utica Comets
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Takes Down Toronto in Battle of Division Leaders - Texas Stars
- 'Pink the Rink' Night A Success - Utica Comets
- Preview: Games 47, 48 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Heemskerk - Abbotsford Heat
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Yann Sauve Headed to the Canucks - Utica Comets
- Bulldogs Wrap up Six-Game Road Trip with Four Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Recalls Defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Jaskin Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Reassign Henry to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Hoffman Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Split Pair in New York - Rockford IceHogs
- Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Ortio and Assign Street to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Texas Stars
- Penguins' Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Defenceman Brenden Kichton Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Morin, Kichton, Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons to Hold Press Conference February 4 - Springfield Falcons
- Staying Hot at Home, Bears Close Gap in Division, Conference - Hershey Bears
- Emmerton Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.