Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
February 3, 2014 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Binghamton Senators forward Mike Hoffman has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 2, 2014.
Hoffman totaled five goals and two assists for seven points in three games last week, helping keep Binghamton atop the East Division standings.
On Wednesday night in Worcester, Hoffman tied a pair of Senators franchise records by tallying four goals and five points in Binghamton's 6-3 win over the Sharks - scoring twice in the first period and twice more in the third. After his seven-game scoring streak was snapped in Manchester on Friday, Hoffman came back with a goal and an assist on Saturday as Binghamton defeated Portland, improving to 25-3-0-2 in games when Hoffman records a point.
A fourth-year pro from Kitchener, Ont., Hoffman has already set career highs in goals (23), assists (32) and points (55) in 44 games played with Binghamton, ranking second in the league's overall scoring race. Hoffman, a fifth-round pick by Ottawa in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, has tallied 64 goals and 93 assists for 157 points in 235 career AHL games and has also appeared in seven career NHL games, including three this season. Hoffman was a member of Binghamton's Calder Cup championship team in 2011.
In recognition of his achievement, Hoffman will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Senators home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2014
- Comets Add a D-Man - Utica Comets
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Takes Down Toronto in Battle of Division Leaders - Texas Stars
- 'Pink the Rink' Night A Success - Utica Comets
- Preview: Games 47, 48 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Heemskerk - Abbotsford Heat
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Yann Sauve Headed to the Canucks - Utica Comets
- Bulldogs Wrap up Six-Game Road Trip with Four Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Recalls Defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Jaskin Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Reassign Henry to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Hoffman Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Split Pair in New York - Rockford IceHogs
- Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Ortio and Assign Street to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Texas Stars
- Penguins' Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Defenceman Brenden Kichton Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Morin, Kichton, Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons to Hold Press Conference February 4 - Springfield Falcons
- Staying Hot at Home, Bears Close Gap in Division, Conference - Hershey Bears
- Emmerton Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.