Wolves Weekly Notes
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES
With Chicago's win over Iowa on Saturday, it posted its 14th victory over a Midwest Division opponent in just 23 games this season (14-7-0-2); the Wolves earned just 13 wins against the Midwest Division last year (13-22-4-3).
--- TY RATTIE: Tallied 3 goals and 4 points in three games last week, which included the game-winning overtime marker against Iowa on Saturday ...
Paces Chicago and shares third among league rookies with 17 goals and leads the club with 27 points in 44 games this season ... Potted 5 goals in his last seven contests after scoring just one goal in his previous 10 matchups
--- MARK CUNDARI: Recorded 3 points (G, 2A) in three games last week and has accrued 5 points (2G, 3A) in five games since joining Chicago on Jan.
23 ... Loaned to the Wolves by Calgary as compensation for Chicago trading center Corey Locke to the Abbotsford Heat ... Collected 6 goals, 9 assists, and 15 points in 37 AHL tilts with Chicago and Abbotsford this year ... His 5 points in five games with Chicago match the 5 points he compiled in his last 16 tilts he played with the Heat
--- ADAM CRACKNELL: Matched a career-high 2 goals and 3 points Friday night, which included opening scoring for the second straight contest ...
Has chipped in five points (3G, 2A) during a current three-game point streak ... Skated in four games with Chicago since he was assigned to the club by St. Louis on Jan. 23 and has tallied 5 points (3G, 2A) in those tilts ... Dished out 2 assists in 17 NHL games with the St. Louis Blues this season
--- ALEXANDRE BOLDUC: Registered 3 points (G, 2A) in three games last week to extend his current point streak to a season-high four games ... He has netted 4 points (G, 3A) during that span after posting 4 points (G, 3A) in his previous 11 matchups ... Ranks sixth on Chicago with 7 goals and has accumulated 16 points in 30 contests this season ... Represented Team Canada at the Spengler Cup in December
--- Chicago has won 13 of its last 19 tilts (13-4-2-0) and has dropped four regulation contests since Dec. 15 -- and the team was held to one goal in all four tilts; the Wolves have registered a 15-7-2-0 mark and .667 winning percentage since the start of December to move into second place in the Midwest Division with 54 points through 45 games (25-16-2-2).
--- The Wolves have surrendered two or fewer goals in 22 of their 45 games this season, which includes six of their last seven tilts; Chicago, which holds fourth in the AHL with a 2.56 goals against average, has posted a 19-3-0-0 mark when allowing two or fewer goals this year.
--- Chicago has been perfect on the penalty kill in 22 of its 45 contests this season, which includes killing off all six of Iowa's attempts on Saturday; the Wolves, who have been perfect on the PK in 11 home games and 11 road tilts, rank sixth in the AHL with a 85.2 efficiency rating on the penalty kill this season (178 of 209).
--- The Wolves went zero for 10 on the man-advantage last week and have not scored a power-play goal in 27 of their 45 tilts this year; Chicago has cashed in on 23 of its 208 power-play chances this season.
JAKE THE SNAKE
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN stopped 23 of Grand Rapids' 25 shots Friday night to finish January with an even 4-4-0 mark, 1.99 goals-against average and .925 save percentage; he received six goals of support Friday night after he got just 11 goals of offensive support in his previous seven starts; the 23-year-old netminder is one of two goalies representing the AHL in the All-Star game on Feb. 12.
WOLVES REWIND (2-1-0-0)
Saturday, Feb. 1
(at) Chicago 3, Iowa 2 (OT)
--- The Wolves used a two-goal game from rookie winger TY RATTIE to defeat the Iowa Wild 3-2 in overtime at the Allstate Arena
--- Left wing DMITRIJ JASKIN also scored for Chicago
--- Goaltender MATT CLIMIE stopped 24 of 26 shots to post his third straight win
Friday, Jan. 31
Chicago 6, (at) Grand Rapids 2
--- The Wolves drubbed the Grand Rapids Griffins 6-2 at Van Andel Arena
--- Forwards ADAM CRACKNELL (2G, A) and NATHAN LONGPRE (G, A) and defenseman TAYLOR CHORNEY (2A) paced Chicago's offense
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN kicked out 23 of 25 shots
Wednesday, Jan. 29
(at) Rochester 4, Chicago 1
--- The Wolves scored 15 seconds into the contest, but never again en route to dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rochester Americans at Blue Cross Arena
--- Center ADAM CRACKNELL notched the lone goal for Chicago
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN stopped 18 of 21 shots
Tue., Feb. 4* vs. Utica Comets Allstate Arena 11 a.m.
Fri., Feb. 7* at Iowa Wild Wells Fargo Arena 7 p.m.
Sun., Feb. 9* at Milwaukee Admirals# Bradley Center 1 p.m.
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON THE U-TOO OR WCIU
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2014
- Comets Add a D-Man - Utica Comets
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Takes Down Toronto in Battle of Division Leaders - Texas Stars
- 'Pink the Rink' Night A Success - Utica Comets
- Preview: Games 47, 48 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Assign Thomas to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Sign Heemskerk - Abbotsford Heat
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Yann Sauve Headed to the Canucks - Utica Comets
- Bulldogs Wrap up Six-Game Road Trip with Four Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Recalls Defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Jaskin Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Reassign Henry to Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Hoffman Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Senators
- Hogs Split Pair in New York - Rockford IceHogs
- Binghamton's Hoffman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Ortio and Assign Street to Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Center Travis Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Texas Stars
- Penguins' Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Defenceman Brenden Kichton Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Morin, Kichton, Hartzell Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
- Bowl with the IceHogs in the 5th Annual Bowl-A-Thon - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons to Hold Press Conference February 4 - Springfield Falcons
- Staying Hot at Home, Bears Close Gap in Division, Conference - Hershey Bears
- Emmerton Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign D'Agostino and Ruopp to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.