Bulls Complete Sweep of Mud Hens
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls hit three home runs en route to a 6-3 victory over the Toledo Mud Hens Thursday night at the DBAP, clinching a sweep of the three-game set and earning their sixth straight victory. Mike Franco (5-0) recorded the victory for the Bulls, while Jordan Zimmermann (0-1) suffered the loss for the Mud Hens.
The Bulls jumped on the board first in the second inning, thanks to an RBI double by Jake Smolinski to take an early 1-0 lead. The lead was short-lived, as the Mud Hens finally got to starter Jose De Leon in the fourth on an RBI double by Daniel Pinero that plated two runs and gave them a 2-1 lead.
Both the Bulls and Mud Hens were able to trade home runs for much of the game. Mike Brosseau got it started with a solo home run off the rehabbing Zimmermann to tie the game at 2-2 in the fourth. However, in the top of the fifth inning, Jacob Robson hit a solo home run to center field to go back in front 3-2.
The Bulls answered once again the bottom of the fifth with a two-run home run by Brendan McKay and a solo home run from Kean Wong to take a 5-3 lead. The game was put out of reach for good when Nate Lowe scored on a wild pitch by Mud Hens reliever Eduardo Jimenez, making it 6-3.
The Bulls will host the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders for a three-game series beginning at 7:05 p.m. on Friday at the DBAP.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Bisons Complete Indy Sweep, Win 11-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians Swept by Bisons, Lose Fifth Straight at Home - Indianapolis Indians
- Aquino Extends Hit Streak in Bats Loss to Pawtucket, 10-8 - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Outlasts Lehigh Valley in 11 Innings, 5-4 - Gwinnett Stripers
- IronPigs take loss in extra innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Zimmermann Tosses in Rehab as Hens Fall - Toledo Mud Hens
- PawSox Come from Behind, Top Bats, 10-8 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mets Win Series with 6-5 Victory over Knights on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Knights Edged by Syracuse 6-5 - Charlotte Knights
- Bulls Complete Sweep of Mud Hens - Durham Bulls
- Plates Serve up Soggy Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-28) vs. Buffalo Bisons (29-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Tides Cool RailRiders with Narrow Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (27-37) at Louisville Bats (26-39) - Louisville Bats
- Homestand Highlights: Stripers Host Tim Tebow and the Syracuse Mets, Pink in the Park Night - Gwinnett Stripers
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.