Bryson Fuels Wolves to Hard-Earned Victory over Bighorns
Reno, Nev. - Michael Bryson tallied a career-high 27 points to lead the Iowa Wolves (19-24) to a 114-102 victory over the Reno Bighorns (25-19) Monday evening, snapping a 10-game losing streak dating back to Feb. 8.
Bryson drained a game-high five three-pointers on seven attempts while making 8-of-15 shots overall from the floor. The UC-Santa Barbara alum also recorded six rebounds, two assists, two steals and two blocks in 46 minutes of action.
Iowa led for all but one possession of a game that saw just one tie early in the first period.
Leading by as many as 26 points early in the third quarter, the Wolves watched their lead narrow back to within six points with 2:54 seconds remaining in the game before closing the game out on a 10-4 run.
Melo Trimble registered 20 points and four rebounds while tying a team-high with six assists. It was the former Terrapin's first 20-point game since Feb. 3.
Amile Jefferson collected his league-leading 31st double-double of the season, finishing with 15 points, 12 rebounds and five assists in the win.
Iowa's starters combined for 21 of the team's 24 total assists on the evening.
As a team, the Bighorns outshot the Wolves from the field (45.6% to 45.1%) and from the three-point line (39.3% to 37.0%). However, Iowa held a distinct advantage from the charity stripe shooting 30-of-41 (73.2%) compared to Reno shooting just 9-of-23 (39.1%).
Minnesota Timberwolves first round draft pick Justin Patton logged a season-high 36 minutes while producing 17 points, four rebounds, six assists, two steals and one blocked shot. Patton has now scored in double figures in 18 of his last 19 outings (minimum 10 minutes played) dating back to Jan. 12.
Three players finished just two points or less off the team-high for Reno with guard Marcus Williams leading the way with a 19-point performance.
The Wolves finish their four-game road trip with a rematch against the Reno Bighorns on Wednesday night at 9:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Westchester Knicks Rise over Erie BayHawks to Maintain Position at Top of Eastern Conference Standings - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Zapped by Magic - Canton Charge
- Drive Partner with Michigan State University Federal Credit Union for Jersey Theme Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Dixon Records Triple-Double in Loss - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Take on Midwest Division Rival Sioux Falls - Memphis Hustle
- Sacramento Kings to Bring NBA Entertainment at Reno Bighorns March 17 Game - Reno Bighorns
- Delaware 87ers Acquire Jared Brownridge - Delaware 87ers
- Warriors Acquire Guard Quinton Chievous from Available Player Pool - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jazz Assign DantÃ© Exum to Salt Lake City Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wolves Acquire Kevin Foster and Tre'Lun Banks - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Get Overtime Win over Division-Leading Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Guard Damion Lee Earns GATORADE Call-Up with the Atlanta Hawks - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bryson Fuels Wolves to Hard-Earned Victory over Bighorns - Iowa Wolves
- Bighorns Comeback Falls Short - Reno Bighorns
- Stars Fall to Skyforce 138-127 - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.