Brenton Doyle Named Player of the Week
Grand Junction outfielder Brenton Doyle was named the Pioneer League Player Of The Week for the week of August 26-September 2 as announced by Minor League Baseball today.
In eight games, he went 16-29 with three doubles, two triples, two home runs, 12 RBI, 10 runs scored, five walks, seven strikeouts, and two stolen bases.
He is the fourth Rockies' player to receive this award in 2019 with Max George being named a Pioneer League Player Of The Week for the week of June 16-23, Christian Koss for the week of July 8-14, Colin Simpson for the week of July 15-21, and Koss again for the week of July 29-August 4.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Owlz Thwarted by Raptors - Northern Colorado Owlz
- Idaho Falls Russets Night September 7th - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Peguero Announced as PBL Season-End All-Star - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Brenton Doyle Named Player of the Week - Grand Junction Rockies
- George Brett to Appear at Melaleuca Field on Friday - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Raptors Hang on for Second Straight Win - Ogden Raptors
- Missoula Continues Playoff Push with 7-1 Win - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Owlz Held off by Raptors, 4-3 - Northern Colorado Owlz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.