Peguero Announced as PBL Season-End All-Star
MISSOULA, MT - Diamondbacks' 18th-ranked prospect Liover Peguero was named to the Pioneer League's 2019 Season-End All-Star Team, the league announced Sunday. Peguero, at just 18, was named to the league's mid-season all-star team as well, due to his play in the first half of the season with the Osprey.
The native of Higuey, Dominican Republic, Peguero earned the mid-season all-star in his first year at the rookie-advanced level, due to his defensive abilities and offensive consistency.
In his 38 games with the Osprey, Peguero collected 52 hits, including seven doubles, three triples, and five homers. 17 of the 38 games in Missoula for Peguero were multi-hit games, finishing with a .364 batting average, as well as a .410 on-base percentage.
Peguero currently finds himself with 22 hits in 22 games in Hillsboro, gearing up to begin the NWL Playoffs on Wednesday, September 4th .
Sitting a game and a half out of first in the North, the Osprey finish their regular season series against Idaho Falls on Tuesday night, first pitch scheduled at 7:15 pm MDT.
An upcoming, four-game series begins in Billings Wednesday night to decide the North Division champion in the second half, first pitch at Dehler Park scheduled for 6:35 pm MDT.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Owlz Thwarted by Raptors - Northern Colorado Owlz
- Idaho Falls Russets Night September 7th - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Peguero Announced as PBL Season-End All-Star - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Brenton Doyle Named Player of the Week - Grand Junction Rockies
- George Brett to Appear at Melaleuca Field on Friday - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Raptors Hang on for Second Straight Win - Ogden Raptors
- Missoula Continues Playoff Push with 7-1 Win - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Owlz Held off by Raptors, 4-3 - Northern Colorado Owlz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads Announce 2021 Schedule
- Missoula's Baseball Legacy Continues to Grow
- PaddleHeads to Host Donation Drive to Benefit Missoula Youth Homes
- Missoula PaddleHeads Announce Professional Baseball to Stay in Missoula
- PaddleHeads Support Health Dept. Updates: Cancel October 29 Showing of Scream