Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (32-34) have dropped to two games below .500 for the first time this season as they lost 3-1 to the Columbus Clippers (40-28). Columbus hit 11 home runs in the series.
Bobby Bradley and Brandon Barnes hit back-to-back home runs in the top of the second inning off Enyel De Los Santos (3-3) to give Columbus a 2-0 lead. The IronPigs scored a run against Michael Peoples (4-3) in the bottom of the third inning as Malquin Canelo scored on a sacrifice fly by Ali Castillo.
De Los Santos fell victim to the home run again as Bradley hit his second home run of the game to give the Clippers a 3-1 lead. The three runs allowed by De Los Santos in six innings were all solo home runs.
Peoples allowed just one run in seven innings while recording seven strikeouts. Fernando Salas pitched one inning in relief of De Los Santos as he recorded just one strikeout while issuing a walk. Austin Davis recorded five strikeouts in two scoreless innings of work.
Argenis Angulo pitched a scoreless bottom of the ninth inning to earn his third save of the season.
The IronPigs begin an eight-game road trip on Tuesday evening in Toledo against the Mud Hens. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2019
- RailRiders Salvage Series Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Comeback Trips Gwinnett, 7-6 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Rally in Eighth to Beat Stripers, 7-6, on Father's Day - Syracuse Mets
- Offense Rolls Along in 12-2 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Hot Wings Sweep Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Rain Shortened Game to Bisons, 12-2 - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Defeated by Rochester in Twin Bill - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Fall Two Games Below .500 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Alexander Deals in Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (31-35) at Louisville Bats (27-41) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.