Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.)
June 16, 2019 | 2:00 p.m. ET | Louisville Slugger Field | Louisville, KY | Game # 67| Away Game # 35
BUFFALO BISONS (31-35, T-4th, -7.0 North) at LOUISVILLE BATS (27-41, 4th, -12.5 West)
RHP David Paulino (0-1, 3.80) vs. RHP Keury Mella (4-5, 4.74)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons wrap-up their season series against Louisville and look to avoid the Bats evening the series at three games a piece. Following this series with the Bats, the Herd will have an off day on Monday and then begin a six-day, seven-game homestand with a three-game set against the Indianapolis Indians followed by four with the Norfolk Tides.
Last Game: BUF 11, LOU 8
Despite collecting just three hits in the first game of the series, Buffalo's offense followed suit of the Indy series which saw four batters have three hits and six altogether have a multi-hit performance. Alen Hanson hit the lone Herd home run on the night and also drove four runners in.
Louisville Bats (3-2)
Buffalo and Louisville are meeting for the second time in 2019 as the Bisons won the last series when they hosted the Bats in May. This will be their final meeting of the season for the former American Association rivals.
RHP David Paulino makes his second start after returning from the Injured List. In his first start, the righty tossed four shutout innings in the no-decision against Indianapolis this past Tuesday. He also struck out a season-high six batters, half of the Herd 12 "Ks' in the 2-0 victory.
Jordan Patterson crossed the plate three times on Saturday. The outfielder also collected three hits and walked. Patterson is now batting .263 (10-38) through 13 games in June.
ayler Saucedo earned his fourth win of the season with Buffalo. The lefty, who was promoted back to Buffalo from New Hampshire on Friday, went 2.2 innings out of the bullpen fanning four batters. His last outing in a Bisons uniform was against Louisville on 5/19.
Alen Hanson had just one hit, but it came in large fashion. The infielder smacked his third home run of the season, which have all been three-run homers. He has accounted for half of the Herd's three-run longballs as well. Hanson ended up driving in four runs in the victory.
The Herd has scored double digits in runs three times so far in five games of the road trip. Buffalo had scored 10 or more runs just four times over the first 62 games of the season.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (25-45) lost their second straight game against the Houston Astros on Saturday afternoon, 7-2. Jordan Romano tossed his second straight scoreless inning since being promoted to the Blue Jays. The Jays look to avoid the sweep as RHP Trent Thornton faces his former organization. He squares off against RHP Brad Peacock at Minute Maid Park with first pitch scheduled for 2:10 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2019
- RailRiders Salvage Series Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Comeback Trips Gwinnett, 7-6 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Rally in Eighth to Beat Stripers, 7-6, on Father's Day - Syracuse Mets
- Offense Rolls Along in 12-2 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Hot Wings Sweep Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Rain Shortened Game to Bisons, 12-2 - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Defeated by Rochester in Twin Bill - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Fall Two Games Below .500 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Alexander Deals in Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (31-35) at Louisville Bats (27-41) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (1:05 p.m.)
- Brito's Hit Caps Bisons Rally in 5-3 Win over Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.)
- Bisons to Wear the 'Blue & Gold' for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, Friday, August 16
- Bisons Fall Short in Extra-Inning Slugfest, 9-7