Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls fell to the Scranton/WB RailRiders 7-3 at the DBAP Sunday evening in front of a paid attendance of 11,769, the fourth-highest single-game attendance in Bulls history. J.P. Feyereisen (5-0) recorded the win for the RailRiders, while Cole Sulser (3-3) suffered the loss for the Bulls.
After struggling for much of the series, the RailRiders bats came alive in the second inning, beginning with an RBI single from Logan Morrison to take a 1-0 lead. Billy Burns tallied a sacrifice fly to bring in another run, and then Aaron Judge recorded his first hit against the Bulls in his career to drive in Morrison and extend the lead to 3-0.
Jake Cronenworth delivered an answer in the bottom of the third inning on a two-run home run to cut the deficit to one. However, the RailRiders got one back in the top of the fourth on a solo home run by Erik Kratz to make it 4-2. Kratz was at it again in the eighth inning, recording a three-run home run for his second of the day to make it 7-2.
Nate Lowe drew a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the eighth to cut the deficit to 7-3 for Durham. The Bulls then brought the tying run to the plate, but Scranton/WB reliever Joe Harvey earned a strikeout to preserve the lead.
The paid attendance of 11,769 brought the three-game series total to 35,052, the highest three-game total in team history.
The Bulls have an off-day on Monday, before travelling to Rhode Island to face the Pawtucket Red Sox for the beginning of six-game road trip. The team will return home on Monday, June 24th to face the Charlotte Knights for the first time at the DBAP.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2019
- RailRiders Salvage Series Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Comeback Trips Gwinnett, 7-6 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Rally in Eighth to Beat Stripers, 7-6, on Father's Day - Syracuse Mets
- Offense Rolls Along in 12-2 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Hot Wings Sweep Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Rain Shortened Game to Bisons, 12-2 - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Defeated by Rochester in Twin Bill - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Fall Two Games Below .500 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Alexander Deals in Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (31-35) at Louisville Bats (27-41) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.