Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start
INDIANAPOLIS - Today, the Pittsburgh Pirates announced that right-handed pitcher Rookie Davis will make a rehab start with the Indianapolis Indians in Game 2 of a doubleheader against Pawtucket. The 25-year-old will be the 13th player to appear for the Tribe on a rehab assignment this season.
Davis was on the Tribe's Opening Day roster after being signed to a minor league contract on Feb. 18, 2019. He went 1-3 with a 5.35 ERA (22er/37.0ip) in Indy before having his contract selected by Pittsburgh on May 25. He made five appearances with the big-league club, including one start, and tallied a 6.75 ERA (8er/10.2ip) with 10 strikeouts. He was placed on the 10-day injured list on June 8 with a right middle finger blister.
Davis made his MLB debut in 2017 with Cincinnati and appeared in only seven games (six starts) in the majors that year. He spent the 2018 season on the injured list and rehabbing a right-hip injury before electing free agency in the offseason.
Indianapolis' MLB rehab assignments are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2019
- RailRiders Salvage Series Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Comeback Trips Gwinnett, 7-6 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Rally in Eighth to Beat Stripers, 7-6, on Father's Day - Syracuse Mets
- Offense Rolls Along in 12-2 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Hot Wings Sweep Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Rain Shortened Game to Bisons, 12-2 - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Defeated by Rochester in Twin Bill - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Fall Two Games Below .500 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Alexander Deals in Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (31-35) at Louisville Bats (27-41) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.