Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative
The Rochester Red Wings and UR Medicine's Golisano Children's Hospital have announced a partnership that will provide a unique gameday experience for patients and their families over the course of the 2019 baseball season.
The All-Star will receive a customized Red Wings jersey with name and number, as well as a Wings cap for each family member. They will also receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the stadium including the clubhouse and press box while also getting to watch batting practice
"Our partnership with the Red Wings is a testament to the generous support we receive from the community all year long," said Patrick Brophy, M.D., physician-in-chief of Golisano Children's Hospital. "We are looking forward to this new relationship, and would like to thank the Red Wings for giving our patients a chance to take a break from the hospital and have some fun."
The All-Star will also get a photo opportunity with Spikes and Mittsy and a Red Wings player or coach while getting to stand with said player or coach on the field for the National Anthem. Finally, the All-Star will be personally introduced as they deliver the game ball to the pitcher's mound.
"We are proud to partner with the Golisano Children's Hospital to honor some of their All-Stars at select games this season," said Red Wings General Manager Dan Mason. "We strive to provide lifelong memories for our fans and we can't wait to put some smiles on the faces of these All-Stars and their families."
This All-Star initiative will come complete with a private Diamond Suite with food and beverage for 10 people including tickets, VIP parking, complimentary yearbooks, and vouchers for a round of Speed Pitch and Bounce House.
Selection of each All-Star will be made by Golisano Children's Hospital.
On June 14, 2019, Olivia and her family enjoyed the first Golisano Children's Hospital All-Star experience.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 16, 2019
- RailRiders Salvage Series Finale - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Winning Streak Ends at Eight Games - Durham Bulls
- Syracuse Comeback Trips Gwinnett, 7-6 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Rally in Eighth to Beat Stripers, 7-6, on Father's Day - Syracuse Mets
- Offense Rolls Along in 12-2 Win over Louisville - Buffalo Bisons
- Hot Wings Sweep Knights - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Rain Shortened Game to Bisons, 12-2 - Louisville Bats
- PawSox Split Doubleheader with Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Defeated by Rochester in Twin Bill - Charlotte Knights
- Pigs Fall Two Games Below .500 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Alexander Deals in Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley, Barnes power Clippers to sweep against Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Davis Returns to Indy for MLB Rehab Start - Indianapolis Indians
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-30) vs. Pawtucket Red Sox (29-37) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Louisville (2:00 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Buffalo Bisons (31-35) at Louisville Bats (27-41) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings, Golisano Children's Hospital Partner for All-Stars Initiative - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- MLB Extends Support for Minor League Players
- Red Wings Donate 300,000 Medical Grade Gloves to Monroe County
- Minor League Baseball to Offer Free Preview of MiLB.TV
- Baseball's Back Bash Postponed, American Legion Welcome Home Dinner Canceled
- Statements from Minor League Baseball and the Rochester Red Wings