Boyko Shines in 47 Save Victory over Lethbridge
After a victory last night in Calgary, the Americans swept the weekend with another road win tonight in Lethbridge. Second year netminder Talyn Boyko put on a show stopping a career high 47 of 49 shots faced. Tri-City ultimately won by a score of 3-2, snapping Lethbridge's four game win streak.
For the second night in a row, Kyle Olson scored first for the Americans. The goal came at 4:12 first period, assisted by Connor Bouchard and Sasha Mutala. Olson is now on a 6 game point streak with three goals and five assists over that period.
Mutala, a prospect of the Colorado Avalanche, also extends his streak with three points tonight (three goals and six assists through the past five games).
Rookie Edge Lambert added his fourth goal of the season on the power play giving Tri-City a 2-0 lead early second period.
The score held into the second intermission.
Just 17 seconds into final frame D-Jay Jerome found the net for Lethbridge. Alex Cotton followed with another for the Hurricanes to tie the game at two.
Mutala added the final marker for Tri-City to seal the victory.
Final: 3-2 TC
The Americans are now 2-0 on their three game Central Division road trip. Tri-City will play the Oil Kings in Edmonton on Monday and then return to the Central Division in February to play Swift Current, Medicine Hat, and Red Deer. - The Americans next home game is Saturday, November 16th against the Spokane Chiefs.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Blades Complete 4-Goal Comeback to Best Wheat Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Rally in Third to Down Wheat Kings - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Karki Turns Testy Affair Silvertips' Way - Everett Silvertips
- Giants Fall 2-1 in a Nine-Round Shootout against Portland - Vancouver Giants
- Cougars Closer, Still Fall to Royals, 2-1 - Prince George Cougars
- Chiefs' Offense Unloads in 6-1 Win over Kelowna - Spokane Chiefs
- Chiefs down Rockets - Kelowna Rockets
- Tigers Finish BC Swing by Falling 7-3 to the Blazers - Medicine Hat Tigers
- T-Birds Fall to Tips on Military Appreciation Night - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Boyko Shines in 47 Save Victory over Lethbridge - Tri-City Americans
- Royals Stifle Cougars - Victoria Royals
- ICE Hang on for the 5-4 Victory over the Pats - Winnipeg Ice
- What a Night, What a Win - Portland Winterhawks
- The Force Was with the Oil Kings in a 4-2 Win over the Hitmen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rebels End Road Trip with 3-2 Win in Prince Albert - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Acquire Horon from Thunderbirds - Prince Albert Raiders
- Raiders Upended At Home By Rebels - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.