Booyah Swept by Rapids
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah fell at home on Wednesday night 6-1 after the Rafters piled on all six runs in the final four frames of the day.
In the fourth inning, Green Bay became the first team to put a run on the scoreboard after Brady West launched a ball over the right field wall. The home run, which was West's fourth of the season, was gone off the bat and gave all 3,141 fans in attendance something to cheer about.
Wisconsin Rapids responded in the sixth inning by scoring two runs, and then four runs in the eighth to propel themselves to victory. On the bump for Green Bay, Dalton Wiggins went five and a third, allowing two hits and two runs allowed. The loss for Wiggins was his first of the season, and his record now sits at 1-1 overall. Out of the bullpen, Jacob Paulishak went 1.2 innings, gave up just one hit and struck out two Rafter hitters. Nick Riggle threw another scoreless inning out of the bullpen, striking out all three batters he faced in the ninth inning.
At the plate, West led the way by going 1-4 with a home run and the lone run scored of the day for Green Bay. Nick Kretuer also went 1-4 with a single, and Blaise Maris picked up a single in the ninth inning to try and keep the rally going for Green Bay, which didn't result in any more runs coming across for the Booyah. Jacob Buchberger finished the day 1-4 with a double, and Mike Ruggiero also grabbed a hit.
Green Bay travels to Wausau tomorrow to take on the Woodchucks as Chris Roycroft takes the mound for his second start of the season. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. at Athletic Park.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Brady West of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 1, 2019
- Bears Finish Homestand on High Note - Eau Claire Express
- Rochester Uses Big First Inning to Beat Larks - Rochester Honkers
- Booyah Comeback to Beat Woodchucks - Green Bay Booyah
- Kingfish Blanked by Pit Spitters - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Lose Back and Forth Game against Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bombers Outlast Mallards 8-7 in Series Opener - Madison Mallards
- Huskies Defeat Eau Claire 9-1 to Retain Top Spot - Duluth Huskies
- Bucks Bounced 4-1 by Border Cats - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Complete Comeback to Down Mallards - Battle Creek Bombers
- Growlers Fall Short to Rockford at Home - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Drop Early Lead, Fall by One to Honkers Thursday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Pivotal Series Begins for Rafters against Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Rotation Comes Together, Finds Success - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Pit Spitters Thirsty for Playoffs; First Home Playoff Game on August 13 - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Larks Begin Search for New Head Coach - Bismarck Larks
- Rivets Take Series Finale against Battle Creek - Rockford Rivets
- Madison Suits up for First Series against Battle Creek - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Lose to Express - Willmar Stingers
- Barth Breaks Another Record as Rox Beat Bucks - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Swept by Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Sweep Booyah to Close Season Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Fall 11-2 to Rox - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.