Booyah Comeback to Beat Woodchucks
Wausau, WI - The Green Bay Booyah utilized defensive mistakes made by the Wausau Woodchucks on Thursday night as they won 10-8 at Athletic Park.
The Booyah came alive on the offensive end in the top of the second inning, producing five runs off of the Woodchucks starter Nolan Lebamoff. In the second, Nick Kreutzer reached base to start the inning on a walk. Following the walk, Matt Morgan picked up his first hit in a Green Bay uniform, a single into left field, to put two on with no outs. Mike Ferri continued the hit parade by singling into center. With the bases full, Conner Goodman drilled a ball down the left field line to score two runs and put the Booyah up 2-1. After a Mike Ruggiero groundout, Cooper Morrison picked up two more RBIs for Green Bay on a single into right. Later in the inning, Brady West brought home Morrison on an RBI groundout.
The Woodchucks fought back to make it a 6-5 game, but the Booyah prevailed at the end of the day, as they scored four runs in the eighth and one in the ninth to win 10-8. Goodman led the day for Green Bay by going 2-4 with three RBIs, two runs scored, and a walk. Morrison picked up three hits to go along with his two RBIs, also scoring once. Ruggiero also picked up two RBIs on the night, picking up a base hit into left field in the eighth inning. The win over the Woodchucks was the first victory at Athletic Park this season for Green Bay.
On the mound, Chris Roycroft went five innings, giving up three earned runs in his second start of the season. Out of the bullpen, Logan Lee picked up the victory after going three innings, and giving up five runs, two of which were earned. Will Saxton came on in the ninth inning to ge the save, his second of the year.
Green Bay tries to sweep the Woodchucks tomorrow at home with a 7:05 p.m. first pitch. Siena College product Tommy Miller makes the start for the Booyah.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 1, 2019
- Bears Finish Homestand on High Note - Eau Claire Express
- Rochester Uses Big First Inning to Beat Larks - Rochester Honkers
- Booyah Comeback to Beat Woodchucks - Green Bay Booyah
- Kingfish Blanked by Pit Spitters - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Lose Back and Forth Game against Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bombers Outlast Mallards 8-7 in Series Opener - Madison Mallards
- Huskies Defeat Eau Claire 9-1 to Retain Top Spot - Duluth Huskies
- Bucks Bounced 4-1 by Border Cats - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Complete Comeback to Down Mallards - Battle Creek Bombers
- Growlers Fall Short to Rockford at Home - Kalamazoo Growlers
- MoonDogs Drop Early Lead, Fall by One to Honkers Thursday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Pivotal Series Begins for Rafters against Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Rotation Comes Together, Finds Success - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Pit Spitters Thirsty for Playoffs; First Home Playoff Game on August 13 - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Larks Begin Search for New Head Coach - Bismarck Larks
- Rivets Take Series Finale against Battle Creek - Rockford Rivets
- Madison Suits up for First Series against Battle Creek - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Lose to Express - Willmar Stingers
- Barth Breaks Another Record as Rox Beat Bucks - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Swept by Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Sweep Booyah to Close Season Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Fall 11-2 to Rox - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah and Beer Pick-Up Special for Saturday, October 24th
- Special Rocky's Kid's Pack Available Now
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th