Boomers Edged on Final Saturday
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, left 14 men on base in a 2-1 loss at the hands of the River City Rascals on the final Saturday of the season.
River City scored both runs in the top of the fifth against starter Payton Lobdell, who fell to 3-9 on the season despite allowing just two runs in seven innings. The Boomers left the bases loaded in the fourth and sixth and had the bases loaded with no outs in the seventh and came up empty. The lone run of the night scored in the bottom of the ninth inning. Jack Parenty notched an infield single with one away and Matt Rose walked with two outs. Connor Oliver drove home Parenty with a single through the right side but the tying run was left at second.
The Boomers finished with nine hits in the contest. Parenty tallied a pair of hits to match the single season record for multi-hit games with 39. Chase Dawson and Clint Hardy also tallied two hits as Hardy made his return from an injury. Oliver reached base four times with a pair of walks and a hit by pitch. Quincy Nieporte and Rose both drew a pair of walks.
The Boomers (46-49) will celebrate 2019 on Sunday with the final game of the year, a bonus 49th home contest, at 1:00 p.m. for the End of Season Party. LHP Aaron Rozek (6-5, 3.82) is slated to make his 20th start of the season in the finale of the eighth season of Schaumburg Boomers Baseball. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Grizzlies Split Doubleheader with Washington - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Streak Snapped in Regular Season Finale - Florence Y'alls
- Otters Leave Saturday as Division Champions - Evansville Otters
- Crushers Limited to One Run in Loss to Joliet - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things and Grizzlies Split Doubleheader Saturday - Washington Wild Things
- ThunderBolts Close Season with Blowout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners Bash Otters to Even Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Edged on Final Saturday - Schaumburg Boomers
- Rascals Hold off Boomers in Middle Game - River City Rascals
- Osby Pitches 10 Innings, Slammers Walk off to Beat Crushers 2-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Otters Tie Franchise Record with 57th Win - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020
- Eddie Jackson Charity Softball Game Returns Next Summer
- Boomers Announce 2020 Schedule