Osby Pitches 10 Innings, Slammers Walk off to Beat Crushers 2-1
JOLIET, IL - OSBY PITCHES 10 INNINGS, SLAMMERS WALK OFF TO BEAT CRUSHERS 2-1
Dash Winningham continued his hot streak as he got the Slammers on the board first in tonight's game. Winningham roped a double under a diving outfielder bringing home Oliver Nunez to give the Slammers a 1-0 lead in the 4th inning.
The Crushers tied the game up at 1 in the top of the 7th inning thanks to a sacrifice fly from Brody Wofford.
The Slammers took full advantage of a position player on the mound in the bottom if the 10th inning, as they walked off to win the game. Harrison Bragg led off the inning with a walk, he then scored on a single from Riley Krane giving the Slammers a 2-1 victory.
Daren Osby was absolutely brilliant for the Slammers tonight. He pitched 10 innings, gave up 1 run on 4 hits, and struck out 11 Crusher hitters. Osby would get the win he rightfully deserved in tonight's game.
Paul Hall gave the Crushers everything he had but got no run support from his team. Hall finished his day after 5 innings, gave up 1 run on 2 hits, and struck out 7. He would get a no decision in tonight's game.
The Slammers put an end to their long 6-game losing streak and even this series up at one game apiece. They improve their record to 40-55 while the Crushers fall to 53-42. The Slammers will finish their season tomorrow with first pitch scheduled for 5:05 p.m.
Tonight's Merchants and Manufacturer's Bank Player of the Game is: Daren Osby (10 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 11 K).
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Grizzlies Split Doubleheader with Washington - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Streak Snapped in Regular Season Finale - Florence Y'alls
- Otters Leave Saturday as Division Champions - Evansville Otters
- Crushers Limited to One Run in Loss to Joliet - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things and Grizzlies Split Doubleheader Saturday - Washington Wild Things
- ThunderBolts Close Season with Blowout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners Bash Otters to Even Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Edged on Final Saturday - Schaumburg Boomers
- Rascals Hold off Boomers in Middle Game - River City Rascals
- Osby Pitches 10 Innings, Slammers Walk off to Beat Crushers 2-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Otters Tie Franchise Record with 57th Win - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.