Crushers Limited to One Run in Loss to Joliet
AVON, Ohio - The Lake Erie Crushers, presented by Mercy Health, were dominated by Darren Osby tonight as they lost 2-1 at DuPage Medical Group Field
The Crushers (53-42) lose their second game in their last 10 games. While the Slammers (40-55) snap a six-game losing streak with the win.
Starting pitching for the Slammers Darren Osby was unbelievable tonight. Osby threw the entire game tonight. His final line read 10.0 innings pitched, where he gave up one run on five hits, and struck out 12. Starting pitcher for the Crushers Paul Hall Jr. had a fantastic start spoiled by lack of run support. Hall Jr. threw 5.0 innings and gave up one run on two hits, walked one and struck out six. Jake Vieth (0-1) in his first professional outing of his career got the loss as he gave up the winning run in the 10th.
The first run of the game was scored by Joliet in the bottom of the fourth. An RBI double by Dash Winningham scored Oliver Nunez and gave the Slammers the lead.
The Crushers tied the game in the seventh inning. An RBI sac fly from Brody Wofford scored the tying run.
Lake Erie had an amazing relief effort tonight from Jared Koenig, Augie Gallardo, Seth Lucio and Dalton Geekie. Those four combined to throw four perfect innings of relief where they struck out five over the innings.
The Crushers ran out of bullpen arms and had to use Jake Vieth as their pitcher in the 10th inning.
The Crushers will continue their a three-game with the Joliet Slammers on Friday at DuPage Medical Group Field in Joliet, Illinois. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM CST.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Grizzlies Split Doubleheader with Washington - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Streak Snapped in Regular Season Finale - Florence Y'alls
- Otters Leave Saturday as Division Champions - Evansville Otters
- Crushers Limited to One Run in Loss to Joliet - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things and Grizzlies Split Doubleheader Saturday - Washington Wild Things
- ThunderBolts Close Season with Blowout Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Miners Bash Otters to Even Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Edged on Final Saturday - Schaumburg Boomers
- Rascals Hold off Boomers in Middle Game - River City Rascals
- Osby Pitches 10 Innings, Slammers Walk off to Beat Crushers 2-1 - Joliet Slammers
- Otters Tie Franchise Record with 57th Win - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.