Blue Ridge Companies to Present Greensboro Swarm Opening Night for Third Straight Season
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, today announced that Opening Night, on Friday, November 22, is presented by Blue Ridge Companies for the third consecutive season. Festivities for the 7:00 p.m. tip against the Windy City Bulls include an exclusive Blue Ridge Companies Opening Night t-shirt giveaway for all fans and a Second Harvest Food Bank nonperishable and canned food drive.
"We are excited to tip-off our fourth season in the Triad with our partners at Blue Ridge Companies, as they join us again as the presenting partner of Opening Night this Friday," said Swarm President Steve Swetoha. "Their exclusive partnership with us is so unique and rewarding in many ways. Beginning with our first season, it continues to grow on the court and in the community on many levels. We appreciate their continued support of our organization and we are looking forward to again growing our brands together in the Triad."
Blue Ridge Companies continues to be the Official Housing Partner of the Greensboro Swarm. The relationship between the two organization includes community service projects, youth basketball clinics, ticket discounts for residents and much more. The two organizations have worked with each other since before the inaugural season in 2016.
"Our partnership with the Greensboro Swarm continues to be rewarding for Blue Ridge Companies," said Blue Ridge Companies' Executive Vice President, Susan Passmore. "We are excited to incorporate a food donation drive to Second Harvest Food Bank as a part of Opening Night festivities this year. It is another way we are able to make a positive impact throughout the Triad, especially as we enter the holiday season."
Fans looking to secure tickets for Opening Night, or any one of the 24 home games during the 2019-20 season, can do so at gsoswarm.com, ticketmaster.com, the Coliseum Box Office or by calling 336.907.3600. Other ticket options available include Season Ticket Memberships, Group Packages, 8-Game Plans or Sgt. Swarm's Voucher Book.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Blue Coats Drop Home Contest to Go-Go - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stars Host "Military Appreciation Night" on November 20 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wolves Acquire Brandone Francis and Jaylen Johnson - Iowa Wolves
- Golden State Warriors Assign Kevon Looney and Alen Smailagc to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyhawks Light It up from Deep, Pick up Win on the Road - College Park Skyhawks
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Launch "209 Minutes" Volunteer Program to Recognize Holiday Heroes - Stockton Kings
- Timberwolves Assign Naz Reid to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League News and Notes - G League
- NBA G League President to Attend BayHawks' November 23 Salute Our Troops Game - Erie BayHawks
- Blue Ridge Companies to Present Greensboro Swarm Opening Night for Third Straight Season - Greensboro Swarm
- Hustle Pull Away from Lakers to Earn Fifth Straight Victory - Memphis Hustle
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- The Fieldhouse to Serve as Early Voting Site as Part of Hornets Sports & Entertainment's "Swarm the Polls" Campaign
- Swarm to Not Extend Contract of Head Coach Joe Wolf
- Greensboro Swarm Statement
- Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union Make Donation to Junior Achievement of the Triad
- Charlotte Hornets Foundation Announces Multi-Faceted Plan to Assist with COVID-19 Relief