Big Inning Dooms Somerset in 10-3 Loss
Lancaster, Pennsylvania - A seven-run fourth inning led the Lancaster Barnstormers (8-12) past the Somerset Patriots (13-7) Saturday night at Clipper Magazine Stadium.
The Barnstormers struck first on a Joey Terdoslavich RBI single in the bottom of the third inning. They opened up the game in the bottom of the fourth with a seven-run frame.
Anderson De La Rosa scored the first run of the inning on a wild-pitch from Brett Oberholtzer (1-1). A Dan Gamache RBI single and a Caleb Gindl sac fly added two more runs before K.C. Hobson launched a grand slam to provide the innings exclamation point.
Somerset responded the next half inning on a Rey Navarro (2) two-run home run to trim the deficit to 8-2. The Patriots got another run back in the top of the seventh on a Mike Fransoso run-scoring double-play groundout.
Ultimately, a two-run home run from Gindl (4) in the bottom of the eighth provided the finishing blow in the Patriot loss.
Kyle Davies (1-1) allowed three runs over seven innings en route to the win. Oberholtzer yielded eight runs over four innings to take the loss.
The Patriots and Barnstormers conclude their four-game series Sunday afternoon with a single-admission doubleheader. First pitch for game one at Clipper Magazine Stadium is set for 1:00 p.m., with game two starting roughly 30 minutes after game one's completion.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue on the road until Tuesday, May 21st when the team returns to TD Bank Ballpark for a 6:35 pm game against the Sugar Land Skeeters. The game features Dancing With The Patriots Night. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Rey Navarro of the Somerset Patriots
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Revs Edged in Sugar Land on Saturday Night - York Revolution
- Bees Offense Explodes In Nightcap To Split Twin-Bill - New Britain Bees
- Barnstormers Romp To #1000 - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Ducks Split Day/Night Doubleheader with Bees - Long Island Ducks
- Rockers Win Series Deciding Game Two - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Big Inning Dooms Somerset in 10-3 Loss - Somerset Patriots
- Late Inning Magic Lifts Ducks Over Bees - New Britain Bees
- Washington's Four-RBI Day Lifts Ducks in Twin Bill Opener - Long Island Ducks
- Help Us Honor Our Law Enforcement - High Point Rockers
- Offense Breaks out and Bullpen Holds It Down as Revs Win in Sugar Land - York Revolution
- Ducks Power Their Way To Victory Over Bees - New Britain Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.