Beast Sign Playmaker Sparks for 2019-20 Season
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - The Brampton Beast announce today that they have signed forward Lindsay Sparks to an SPC for the 2019-20 season.
Sparks, 29, spent the previous campaign overseas with both Sodertalje SK in Sweden and the Herning Blue Fox in Denmark. He suited up in 33 games between the two clubs.
The native of Oakville, Ontario, Sparks is very familiar with the ECHL and has made stops with the Fort Wayne Komets, South Carolina Stingrays, Greenville Road Warriors, Cincinnati Cyclones, Missouri Mavericks, Orlando Solar Bears, Rapid City Rush and Atlanta Gladiators.
He's been a consistent and dynamic presence during his ECHL tenure and has amassed 73 goals and 132 assists for 205 total points over the course of 252 games played.
Sparks as also spent time in the American Hockey League with the Tucson Roadrunners and the Providence Bruins. He's mustered four points through 27 AHL games.
Prior to beginning his ECHL career, Sparks suited up for the University of Michigan in the NCAA.
He would go on to win a NCAA (CCHA) Championship in 2009-10 before adding an NCAA (CCHA) Regular Season Championship to his trophy case the following year.
The Beast open their seventh season on Saturday, October 12th at the CAA Centre vs. the Toledo Walleye.
For more information, visit https://www.bramptonbeast.com/ or call the office at 905 564 1684.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 10, 2019
- 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic Details Revealed - Wichita Thunder
- 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic Details Unveiled - ECHL
- Celebrity Bartending at Beverly Hills Tavern September 20 - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Secure Pair of Defensemen to Boost Backend for 2019-20 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Re-Sign Eric Drapluk - Tulsa Oilers
- Beaudry and Hodge Set to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Stick Taps Program Returns to Mariners Games - Maine Mariners
- Five Fuel Players Named to Blackhawks Training Camp Roster - Indy Fuel
- Forward Roman Uchyn Returns to IceMen for 2019-20 Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Two Western Michigan Alums Return to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Forward Shane Conacher Re-Joins Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Beast Sign Playmaker Sparks for 2019-20 Season - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Acquire Defender Jordan Klimek from Maine - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Send Klimek to South Carolina - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.