Forward Shane Conacher Re-Joins Thunder
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that they have re-signed forward Shane Conacher for the 2019-20 season.
Conacher returns to Glens Falls to play in his third season as a member of the Adirondack Thunder. The 5'11, 174-pound forward recorded 33 points (12 goals, 21 assists) in 43 games during an emotional year. The 25-year-old was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and missed a portion of the season but returned to score the tying goal against the Worcester Railers on March 8th, 2019 during the Thunder's Stick it to Cancer Weekend.
Conacher first came to the Thunder after being re-assigned by the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League in 2017-18. The Burlington, ON native went on to lead Adirondack in points that season, posting 63 points (20 goals, 43 assists) in 55 games and finishing with a +10 rating.
"I'm glad to be able to return to Glens Falls. I think it is the best place to play in the ECHL," Conacher said. "Alex (Loh) has put together a team that I think can bring home the Kelly Cup. He is a hockey genius and with Pete Dineen's experience and passion for the game, it makes for a really solid combo behind the bench. The community in Glens Falls is one of a kind and the fans make it such a fun place to play. They are just as passionate about winning as we are. It's going to be a fun year and I can't wait to get back to Cool Insuring Arena."
Conacher turned pro with the Toronto Marlies of the AHL following his senior season at Canisius College in 2015-16 and played in seven games (2 goals, 1 assist). He would then sign with the Marlies for his first full professional season in 2016-17, splitting time between Toronto and their ECHL affiliate, the Orlando Solar Bears. While in college at Canisius, Conacher notched 106 points (37 goals, 69 assists) in 108 games played throughout his three seasons. He was named to the NCAA's AHA First All-Star Team in 2015-16.
Single-game and season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now! For more information on ticket packages, call 518-480-3355 or visit ECHLThunder.com/tickets. For all the latest Adirondack Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 10, 2019
- 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic Details Revealed - Wichita Thunder
- 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic Details Unveiled - ECHL
- Celebrity Bartending at Beverly Hills Tavern September 20 - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Secure Pair of Defensemen to Boost Backend for 2019-20 - Florida Everblades
- Oilers Re-Sign Eric Drapluk - Tulsa Oilers
- Beaudry and Hodge Set to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Stick Taps Program Returns to Mariners Games - Maine Mariners
- Five Fuel Players Named to Blackhawks Training Camp Roster - Indy Fuel
- Forward Roman Uchyn Returns to IceMen for 2019-20 Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Two Western Michigan Alums Return to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Forward Shane Conacher Re-Joins Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Beast Sign Playmaker Sparks for 2019-20 Season - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Acquire Defender Jordan Klimek from Maine - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Send Klimek to South Carolina - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.